Main Menu

[SOLVED] Struggling to get Ground Traffic to consistently work

Started by szln6z, December 31, 2023, 03:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szln6z

My experience with the Ground Traffic is it can be hit and miss as far as working once I arrive at my destination.
My experience:
1.  On departure, it always seems to work.  But once I perform my flight and arrive at the destination airport, the Ground Traffic isn't always present. 
2.  During airport watching, I've noticed that if I disable the ground traffic, and then enable it, the Ground Traffic might not reappear.  If it does not, then it's gone for good until I restart AIGTC. 

I'm wondering if 1 & 2 above are related. 
Also, in AIGM, what exactly does disabling Airport Services do, and is it mandatory in order for AIGTC Ground Traffic to work properly?

Kaiii3

- can you post the logs?
- Disable services in AIM will disable the default ingame services, this is suggested when using AIGTC to avoid conflicts

szln6z

Kaiii,
Here's an example.  This was a flight from TTPP to KDTW.  Both airports are add-ons.  Ground Traffic was present at TTPP, but when I arrived at KDTW, I did not see any Ground Traffic.  AIGTC was indicating just 7 vehicles present, which is really low for KDTW.  I tried to Disable then Enable Ground Traffic, but it had no effect. 
Logs attached.
I restarted MSFS/AIGTC and tested at KDTW.  Sure enough, there was no Ground Traffic at KDTW, but other airports in the area did indeed have Ground Traffic.  Maybe it's an issue with the addon KDTW airport?  What is an airport required to have in order for Ground Traffic to work?
James

Kaiii3

hmm log shows no issues (Vehicle setup for DTW runs fine and shows around 150+ vehicles should spawn).. will investigate and add some more log information for further testing

szln6z

I tried with the default KDTW airport; still did not have any ground traffic at KDTW, but there was ground traffic at surrounding airports.  Attached the log.

Kaiii3

Setuped Vehicles for KDTW
   FollowMe: 0
   Busses: 0
   Baggage: 0
   Stairs: 0
   Catering: 0
   Cleaning: 0
   TechService: 0

looks like the default airport does not support ground traffic. I will have a look at the airport next weekend to see why.

Kaiii3