Main Menu

[SOLVED] TC crashing, is this log helpful?

Started by molleh, May 09, 2022, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

molleh

Traffic Controller is very unstable on my system, but only sporadically. I've done multiple flights in a row without it crashing, other times it'll crash in the background while I'm just in the world map setting up my flight. This was one of those cases, maybe it can help?

Kaiii3

running any other App while flying that is using SimConnect?

molleh

are we just not supposed to use any addons ever while using TC? how do you even know it is SimConnect causing any of these crashes?

Kaiii3

we have tracked down the issue to the SimConnect Interface with many users over the last months. The issue occours when more then one SimConnect application is running. ASOBO has been informed about this issue as well.

Since the SimConnect.DLL is provided by ASOBO it is out of my reach to fix there any bug, and because of the Error-Level .NET does not allow a try/catch to handle it.

molleh

Quote from: Kaiii3 on May 10, 2022, 03:15:59 PMwe have tracked down the issue to the SimConnect Interface with many users over the last months. The issue occours when more then one SimConnect application is running. ASOBO has been informed about this issue as well.

Since the SimConnect.DLL is provided by ASOBO it is out of my reach to fix there any bug, and because of the Error-Level .NET does not allow a try/catch to handle it.

i understand what you're saying, but isn't it possible it's a case of correlation and not causation? i mean, the vast majority of AIG users are probably going to be using multiple addons that interact with SimConnect.

Kaiii3

we have not been able to track it down to 1 product yet, for different users we had different options to go. For now it is the best to test on your own or switch to live traffic.

flieger28

I'm in the same boat.
Only other Simconect apps are Navigraph and Axis and Ohs, i guess.
Sometimes TC works for 2 hours, Sometimes it stops multiple times in 5 minutes.

Kaiii3

we are currently testing a workaround, not sure if it will solve it to 100% but it is a try