Main Menu

[CLOSED] OCI Directory Path Issue

Started by jonhyleo, November 18, 2022, 03:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonhyleo

Hi community. I'm getting an issue when trying to set/choose the OCI Directory Path. I'm using Windows 11 Pro.

The popup window only shows the desktop path as option to choose. I'm not able to browse any other path or folders on that window.

I have the AIG Traffic Controller folder located on my desktop, running as admin and usin -MSFS2020 flag on shortcut.

I appreciate any help with this issue Thanks!
You cannot view this attachment.

Kaiii3

looks like a Windows Issue, are you running as admin?

jonhyleo

Yes I'm running the app as admin.

Not sure if the last windows 11 (22H2) update is causing this.

johanfrc

Does any other programs that uses the same way of selecting folders have the same problem?

If yes, then it's  Windows problem.

Personally I'm using Win 10, and I have no problems. So it might be a Win 11 problem.
Regards

Johan Clausen

jonhyleo

QuoteDoes any other programs that uses the same way of selecting folders have the same problem?
No. It's only happening with AIG Traffic Controller.

The previous version worked fine under windows 11 21H1. Maybe the issue is related with the last windows update.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

gelomare

Hi, I have the same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue?

johanfrc

@gelomare Are you using Windows 11 too?

If yes, then the problem might actually be related to an update there, as it's not a problem in Windows 10 (I'm on Win 10 fully updated, and I don't have the problem).
Regards

Johan Clausen

gelomare

Thanks. Tes, i am running Windows 11 with the latest update. I do not have a clue of where to start to fix this. So, AIG will hang around in the hanger until this is resolved. Many thanks again.

Kaiii3

confirmed Windows-Bug, will check if I can develop a workaround.

gelomare

dmspragg

Wish to confirm that I am having the same issue in MSFS 2020 with Windows 11 and have been frustrated trying to find a solution for a week. Installed AI Manager and Traffic Controller and both running beautifully and with flight plans and aircraft all installed ok. Can read timetables in AIM and see map in TC. Inspection of all related files show everything properly set up. But the OCI path option in TC is stuck on Desktop-only files as displayed by the previous users. AIM path is fine. No AI traffic yet. Will wait for and greatly appreciate any insight. Just added MSFS to P3D to compare and test, having waited two years to watch MSFS progress before adding.   

jonhyleo

Quote from: Kaiii3 on November 25, 2022, 12:08:20 PMconfirmed Windows-Bug, will check if I can develop a workaround.

I'm not sure, but a possible solution could be to allow the user to paste the OCI folder path into the text field and make it saveable

Kaiii3

currently implementing the workaround by MS and next step is that TC will detect the OCI directory on startup directly.

Stew2508

Hi,

This issue is still present for me. I have Windows 11 22H2 latest updates as of 3rd Jan.

AIG Traffic version is 0.6.0.23

Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks

EDDT-Sebi

some me problem..! I canĀ“t take path OCI..! Please give me text to AIG AI Controller "user.config" from C:\Users\info\AppData\Local\AIGTech\AIGTech_-_Traffic_Control_Url_inohsmnbbjqd25k50yga0blst0rbrt21\1.0.0.0

my path is "D:\MSFS2020\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta"

Or not allowed change of user.config?

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.