Main Menu

[SOLVED] 0.4.1.0 Update in a Loop

Started by FNLU2000, October 01, 2021, 09:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNLU2000

I go into P3Dv5.2 and the little window asks if AIGTC was started by P3D so I X out of P3D and go into AIGTC folder and look for the .bat file; nowhere to be found.  So I go into AICTC exe file and it asks the same questions  via the little window; so I say 'NO', AIG was NOT started by P3D.  Then a CMD window comes up wanting to run the update.. I guess; I let it run and check AIGTC folder and it looks like  folders and files were changed (the dat/time jived with abv activity).

So I go back into P3D thinking all is solved.. no.  Same little window pops up saying there is an update and wanting to know if AIG started W/P3D.  I've gone through this six times.  AIGTC window still shows old version.  Appreciate any assistance.. before my brain explodes ::goofy:: :nuke:!
Thanks
max

Kaiii3

FNLU2000

Thanks, but I found the 0.4.1.0 zip in my TC folder and did that already.  However, let me try to re-do that with the zip I just DL'd from your link.
Thanks agn,
max

FNLU2000

No Joy; kind of.  The AIG-TC window that loads when I launch P3D still shows old version number, however the update loop is gone.. so far.  All this is after installing the files from your link.
Thanks much,
max

FNLU2000

Wrong. During my FLT it was trying to update, I run full screen so I didn't notice it till I left P3d. Please help.
max

FNLU2000

FNLU2000

Kaiii3

strange, cause the Version seems correct

Kaiii3

can you check if maybe P3D is starting AIGTC from some other location then your actual AIGTC installation?

FNLU2000

There is only one simulator on this pc and that is P3Dv5.2HF1.  There is really no other way for the old version of AIG_TC to be initiated.  I checked the add-on .xml in the documents folder and it shows the proper date and since it does not show a version number I can't really understand why the old version shows up when I start P3D but the new version shows up if I go directly into AIG_TC.

I tried completely removing everything from my original AIG_TC folder and extracting the version 0.4 directly into that folder.  When I start P3D the version 0.3 keeps coming up.  This makes no sense whatsoever. 

Thanks.

Kaiii3

1)open <user>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AIG Traffic Controller
2) There is a XML file
3) Open the XML file and identify the location that p3D starts AIGTC from

FNLU2000

Path is correct but I don't know about the rest.

Kaiii3

Rest is fine as well...

Ok some other test to get the location of the 0.3 version:

1) Start P3D
2) Wait till the 0.3 version starts
3) Open Task Manager
3) Identify AIGTC in Task Manager, if there is a > inform of it open it
4) Right Click -> Open Filepath

The Windows Explorer should open now with the location of the EXE

FNLU2000

You're correct.  The other AIGTech- Traffic Controller.exe is, for some unknown reason, is installed in the Windows System 32 folder.  In fact it looks like the entire program is installed there with a date/time group of 5/12/21.  I assume this to be version 0.3.  I'm not sure which files need to be deleted from this folder as I don't want to screw up my Windows.  Please advise. 

Also note that the update zips for versions 0.4.1.0 from 10/2/21 and 0.4.1.1 from 10/3/21 are also in the System 32 folder.

I keep my add-ons on a separate drive so I can't see how the second instance appeared in the System 32 folder. 

Thanks.

Kaiii3

Check the ZIP file of 0.4 and remove the files from system32 that have the same names