Main Menu

[SOLVED] AIG TC looking for uninstalled P3Dv4

Started by RayP, September 08, 2021, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayP

Yesterday I finally uninstalled P3Dv4. I removed all v4 folders in Documents but when AIG TC is launched by SimStarterNG an error window briefly appears but then disappears before I can read it.

Looking at this log file it's looking for a P3Dv4 addon folder but as that version is no more can you advise how to prevent this happening please? It does load the P3Dv5 addon.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

RayP

Here you are Kaiii. It seems to be looking for a camera.cfg.

I should add that I've had to modify the Registry to add an entry for P3Dv4 in order for a 3rd party aircraft to work. Might that be a factor?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

ok now things are a bit stragen:

AIGTC is identifiying 3 AIGTC addons...

1) C:\Users\Ray\Documents\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml -> that is just the base file AIGTC is using to copy on the first run and should not be referenced at all
2) C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml -> looks like the v4 installation
3) C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml -> looks like the v5 installation

AIGTC has 2 ways of getting started:
1) Via the EXE, when you have more then one Sim installed (Windows Registry) you will be asked to select the Sim to start
2) Via Startup-Parameter (in the shortcut or the add-on.xml).

add-on.xml for the v5 Addon
<CommandLine>-P3DV5</CommandLine>

add-on.xml for the v4 Addon
<CommandLine>-P3DV4</CommandLine>

Maybe SimStarterNG has mixed up there something...

RayP

Thanks Kaiii. I'm struggling to find any entry for AIGTC in any add-on.xml or even in a exe.xml.

What happens is the AIGTC program launches and the error message briefly appears and then disappears and it minimises to the task bar. A folder is created in Documents\P3Dv4 Addons for AIG Traffic Controller but it's empty. Something is creating that but it still happens when I launch P3Dv5 without using SimStarterNG.

I'm wondering if it might just be simpler to uninstall AIGTC and reinstall it.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

C:\Users\Ray\Documents\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml

can you confirm that these add-on.xml files are there?

RayP

Yes, all three but the P3Dv4 one shouldn't be.

I've discovered why it's happening. Your reading the Registry entries here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin to determine what versions of P3D are installed.

As I said earlier I've had to create an entry there for P3Dv4 in order to allow a utility file for the Vertx DA62 aircraft to run as it's only designed for v4. Without that entry it won't launch.

At least I've discovered why it's happening. if you can think of another way around this that doesn't involve much work I'd appreciate it.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

it should work, as long as AIGTC is not started as "V4".

1) Make sure SimStarterNG is pointing to the P3Dv5 add-on.xml and that the "<CommandLine>-P3DV5</CommandLine>" line is inside this XML files as well.
2) Make sure to identify in which addon.cfg the "C:\Users\Ray\Documents\AIG Traffic Controller\add-on.xml" is referenced and remove it from there

RayP

I'll check SimStarterNG but as I said it's happening when I launch P3Dv5 from its own icon.

Where in the XML does the command line go?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

This didn't work. P3Dv5 Add-ons folder - AIG Traffic Controller

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>AIGTech - Traffic Controller</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>AIGs Traffic Controller Software</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
<CommandLine>-P3DV5</CommandLine>
    <Path>C:\AIGTC\AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

As you can see SimStarterNG is configured fine.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

ok lets try something new:

1) Start P3Dv5
2) Close AIGTC that is started automatically
3) Start AIGTC via the EXE and select v5 on startup

RayP

I'm not prompted which version of P3D to select when I start AIGTC manually. Does that suggest a problem install or a bug?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

actual some issue on your end...

cause it should give you the option for v4 and v5...

ok lets try something else:

create a shortcut for AIGTC on your desktop

and add following to the target: [..].exe" -P3DV5 and run AIGTC based on this shortcut

RayP

I'll do that tomorrow Kaiii and report back. Thanks for your continued help.  ::cheers::

But why would it show P3Dv4 when I've uninstalled it? Because of my Registry hack for the DA62?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)