Author Topic: Why is AIG so cool  (Read 673 times)

Offline 33Sierra

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Why is AIG so cool
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:15:42 AM »
AIG is a very cool group of guys I don't know. This may come off as a## kissing, I don't mean it that way.
But truthfully, you guys are the most sharing, super cool products, spray kits for free, flight plans, AFCADS, and the only forum I will post on. (absolutely no offense to other forums) I do occasionally post a hardware related question at flightsim.
AIG is something we all should be so very grateful for and I hope you guys stick around.
And we have to give out the gratefuls to WOAI too.
I would not even have flight simulator without you guys because it wouldn't be any fun.
The 757-500 series is a very nice kit. Thanks for that.
And all the other stuff, hats off to AIG.
I had to edit this post to say thanks to MAIW. So much there to even start to mention.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:17:29 AM by 33Sierra »

Offline Northeastern292

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Twitter
Re: Why is AIG so cool
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:12:19 AM »
I see it as a combination of many things. A friendly forum, innovation and diversity among the AIG team, a key for accuracy, and a gazillion other things that are too long to list.

This is what AIG has always been to me, a good old fashioned  :welcome: Can't say it better than that.
Sasha
KSWF/KMSV/KJFK/KLGA
FSX

Offline ReggieF

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:27 AM »
Most of the people with AIG who've been around for several years have seen a couple similar groups fall apart.

So they understand how fragile such an organization can be, and work hard to keep the killer type disagreements from happening.

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
Thanks.  It's always cheering for all of the team to read posts like these.

AIG is a team producing a wide range of freeware products for the community but it is also a forum with a wide range of members, the vast majority of whom enjoy themselves here, feel that their simming lives benefit from being here and take the time on occasion to thank those of the community - including the other groups mentioned - who contribute to keep this side of our hobby going.

Naturally, things ocasionally go a little haywire with less positive posts but think of it as a mutual admiration society - without you we probably wouldn't be active.  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Klas Nordstrom

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 11:20:23 PM »
Words like these make it worth to keep on going. ::cheers::

Offline rob hirst

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »
I think Reggie hit the nail on the head. Many groups have fallen apart over the years, and I've no doubt that there are odd disagreements at AIG too, but it's obvious that the members here care enough to work these through to deliver the "community" you see today.  ::cheers::