Author Topic: FS9 Scenery in FSX  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
FS9 Scenery in FSX
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
Yes I know it doesn't work. However a couple of utilities come to mind FS92fsx.zip which puts a FS9 AFCAD into FSX mode. Also the recently released FSX planner, which creates an FSX afcad scenery. Now I took an AFCAD for Siamavsim's VTBS, and created an FSX afcad. I loaded it into FSX planner, fiddled about with it and have a basic runway system. I need to work with the flatten part of the tool, the runways are clear but I have trees on the taxiways. Also gaps on the runway. I am wondering now if I load that scenery from Siamavsim into FSX with this modified afcad, would I still have the flat earth/round earth conflict? Hopefully Jan Martin can throw some light on this.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Atomic Al

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: FS9 Scenery in FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
I need to work with the flatten part of the tool, the runways are clear but I have trees on the taxiways. Also gaps on the runway. I am wondering now if I load that scenery from Siamavsim into FSX with this modified afcad, would I still have the flat earth/round earth conflict? Hopefully Jan Martin can throw some light on this.
I'm using Jans' VTBS from the Jetways & Terminals Package and then ported his afcad to FSX. Parts of the runways are missing (gaps), too but at least I can see the AI :) I couldn't see the AI models, but I could see all the nav lights at the height they were supposed to be when taxiing in Siamavsim's VTBS...

edit: Forgot to ask how you're doing with this? Which is the reason I even posted  ::)

Al

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:10:48 PM by Atomic Al »

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
Re: FS9 Scenery in FSX
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:59:23 PM »
I think the only thing I have missing is the ILs frequency. I haven't figured out how to put that into FSX planner yet.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."