Author Topic: "Ghost" airplane  (Read 839 times)

Offline COA732

• Command Captain
"Ghost" airplane
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
I noticed "something strange, in 'Jetblue's' neighborhood" ( I know, that was corny ;D) while taxiing to their terminal at MCO, an invisible airplane. The only thing showing were the nav light. Anyone know how I can fix this? It is a AIA Embraer 190 blueberry livery. Everything in the Fltsim entry looks good to me.

Jamie

Tinton Falls, NJ
United States

An Afcad is never finished, it is only abandoned.

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
Re: "Ghost" airplane
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »
Check the Alpha channel with DxtBmp Jamie. I suspect that it's black and should be white!

;)

Frank

Offline COA732

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »
Check the Alpha channel with DxtBmp Jamie. I suspect that it's black and should be white!

;)

Frank

I checked but everything seems ok there  ::confused::
Jamie

Tinton Falls, NJ
United States

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »
It might still be corrupt! Open the Alpha channel (make a backup before you do this) , and send to editor try placing a small dot on the corner and re-save, reload after edit and save the texture as DXT3. If it's still the same then send me the texture and I'll have a look when I get home!  :)

;)

Frank

Online Mr. JB

• Command Captain
  • Photoshop Junkie
    • Juergen's paint hangar
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
Is it the blueberry Livery from Hankyp...ehhm...Ken Carson? I guess it is so, because the alpha-channel is black.

open the texture with dxtbmp. Goto Alpha --> Invert Alpha and the channel will tun into white. Save as "extended Bitmap", choose DXT3 and all should be fine :)

Offline FrancoisM

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »
Maybe check also the aircraft.cfg model= entry, it may be set to "Reflective"

F.

Offline DavidBusDriver

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
For me, the Global AI Antonov-124's seem to display similar behaviour, all I can see are wings, vertical/horizontal stabilizers and landing gear, but the alpha channel is mostly white with some black bits but not enough to make the whole fuselage invisible!

Offline COA732

• Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »

;)

Frank
Is it the blueberry Livery from Hankyp...ehhm...Ken Carson? I guess it is so, because the alpha-channel is black.
open the texture with dxtbmp. Goto Alpha --> Invert Alpha and the channel will tun into white. Save as "extended Bitmap", choose DXT3 and all should be fine :)

Dammit you're right! The alpha channel IS black. I was looking at the wrong thing before Frank. ::ashamed::
I changed the alpha channel and it works now. Thanks guys  ::cheers::
Jamie

Tinton Falls, NJ
United States