Author Topic: What Makes a Good AI Flight Plan  (Read 695 times)

Offline AAL767

• Turbine 2nd Officer
What Makes a Good AI Flight Plan
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:27:23 AM »
I have done a few Flightplans I would call them down and dirty nothing was available from Alpha India or other good sources.   Well I would like to really work on doing something of a higher quality.  In my opinion this is what represents a good flight plan I would like some feedback from some of the pros who frequent this site if the following criteria would make a good flight plan and of course if I left something out I would appreciate that info too.

1.  The plans have the correct flights, going to the actual destinations by the subject airline.  Using the correct departure times, flight numbers, accurate starting and ending point(s), and actual days flown.

2.  Special Liveries with the correct tail numbers and separate aircraft are specified for in the plans.

3.  Tail numbers given in the plans are the actual ones used by the airline.

4.  Correct cruising altitudes are used in the cruising altitudes that reflect the typical altitude use by the airline for that flight.

Any others?

Offline eric_19

• Command Captain
Re: What Makes a Good AI Flight Plan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
Speed?

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:22 AM »
Reliability. There needs to be enough turnaround time for FS not to get upset.

Offline tigerpaws

• AIG Dispatch
  • Senior Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
It'd be impossible to get accurate flight levels as they constantly change due to turbulence, weather etc. Just make sure they're RVSM standard and your fine. Start with something small and work your way up. I released about ten flightplans under my own name on Avsim the other day because they were quick and easy to do.
Once you can do a basic quality flightplan you'll be able to churn them out  :)

Sam

Offline AAL767

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
Here are some of my thoughts on altitude.  Flight Plans span a period of a week so check on a flight tracking site what the altitude was for a given flight over a week and then use those for your fight plans.  As far as turn around times what is an ideal time?

Offline tigerpaws

• AIG Dispatch
  • Senior Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »
Using the mrai compiler usually gives us fairly accurate flight levels. Turnaround times depend on the airline and the aircraft. For someone like British Airways, their longhaul aircraft I give at least 90 minutes unless it's less at the destination. Short haul BA I usually give an hour. Ryanair/Easyjet etc like to do 25 minute turns so it varies

Sam

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
I know some CRJ-200's in the US has a turnaround time on just 10-15 minutes.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline eric_19

• Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:49:51 PM »
Quantas is like 3 hours?

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »
QANTAS (without the U..) is not jsut 3 hours. For the A380 it might be, but for the B737's it's way shorter, maybe 45 minutes or less..
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
For Qantas, of course it also depends on whether there are any passengers who may have boarded by the back door http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1147908.php?mpnlog=1&m_id=s~Y!Y!dT_Y!  ;D
Best regards

Matthew