Author Topic: Flightplan Update - Help  (Read 354 times)

Offline JWW2010

• Prop 1st Officer
Flightplan Update - Help
« on: August 12, 2011, 02:29:23 PM »
Hey all,

Getting back in to this and I learnt about adding ai, paints, liveries etc etc off the top of my head years back, then I took a break for uni etc and now updating the sim (fs9) is a task in need of doing, as are some flightplans I intend to at least attempt again. I have one questions which many here will think laughable.

In my wisdom I have one traffic file with everything in *big mistake*  :groan:

Basically, most the liveries of the aircraft I have installed have not changed hugely but the plans obviously have. Now lets just create a hypothetical example. I converted everything to AIFP some time back and so I have (example) AC#100-AC#120 as BAW in my flightplan. The flightplan.txt due to radius compiling of AIFP means that all the aircraft are randomly spaced out (in radius order) in the flightplan.txt file. I download an update.

I need to renumber the AC# in the flightplan filed supplied to match the liveries and AC#number in the aircraft.txt file...or I just create a seperate.bgl file. The question is...is there any programme that makes it easy to say delete every flightplan commencing with AC#100, AC#101 etc from a combined flightplan file?

Many Thanks
John

Offline russian

• Command Captain
Re: Flightplan Update - Help
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
Try looking at TTools Companion? It has a renumber A/C and FP tool but I dunno if that's what you want, *shrug*

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
What about removing the AC#'s in the large file (aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt) and then install the flightplan in a separate bgl?
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline regan123

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:54:23 PM »
I need to renumber the AC# in the flightplan filed supplied to match the liveries and AC#number in the aircraft.txt file...or I just create a seperate.bgl file. The question is...is there any programme that makes it easy to say delete every flightplan commencing with AC#100, AC#101 etc from a combined flightplan file?

The tool of choice (for me and many others) is AI Flight Planner (AIFP):

http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/

There are also a couple of tutorial videos beginning here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwCpGwa-Ac

With AIFP, you can open the traffic file and then using the find/replace function in the more detailed Flight Planning window select all flightplans with AC#100 in.  You can then right-click and delete those plans if you want to.  It does stacks more and is much easier to use than TTCools or TTCools companion in my opinion.