Author Topic: 5 minutes of fame  (Read 933 times)

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
5 minutes of fame
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:12:41 AM »
Totally un-aviation related but had to share this as I'm so proud of my little girl after her dance recital last Friday. She's the on the far right hand side and this image was published on the front cover of the local newspaper, The Kincardine Independent.

Offline RobbSpeed

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: 5 minutes of fame
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:23:07 AM »
Congrats, Ben! Nice photo

Offline ReggieF

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:31:11 AM »
Thank goodness the little darling looks nothing like you!! ;D

Children, and grandchildren, are the reason for living!!!

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:34:44 AM »
Thanks, I think Reggie :-\ lol

She actually looks alot like my sister, my youngest Hadlei meanwhile looks alot like my wife, be interesting to see who my unborn son takes after! Only 4 months to go!

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
Thank goodness the little darling looks nothing like you!! ;D

Children, and grandchildren, are the reason for living!!!

Grandchildren are so you can tell your kids, "Now you know what we went through"  :D
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline ReggieF

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »
There is no moment in life so precious as when your child or grandchild looks up at you with complete unquestioning love and adoration.

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »
There is no moment in life so precious as when your child or grandchild looks up at you with complete unquestioning love and adoration.

And then you hand them back at the end of the day and breathe a sigh of relief ;)

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
My good mood kinda got suckier about 45 mins ago, my Dad called telling me that my Granddad had passed away on the 14th May. He himself had only just found out after receiving a note at work. Long story short he and his brothers/father have never got on very well so my whole life I grew up not knowing any of Dad's family. Finally met my Granddad about 3-4 years ago and got on great with him, he was so happy to finally meet his only Grandson but sadly not long after we emigrated around 18 months ago he had a stroke. I never got to talk to him again. I managed to find his Obituary online while talking to my Dad which revealed he was cremated on the Friday 25th May, Dad was never told he died, nor was he told of the memorial service, he was at work at the time while his father was being cremated less than 5 miles away. Needless to say he's rather upset especially as he received the note on what would of been his Dad's 86th birthday and I'm kicking myself for not getting the chance to be there. Oh well I've bored you all with enough of my life for now, normal service shall be resumed tomorrow. Off now to have a drink and remember the good times I did have with him no matter how short they were. RIP Granddad, Reginald Thomas Clark born 7th June 1926, died May 14th 2012. ::cheers::

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 08:47:53 PM »
Really sorry to hear this Ben. My grandmother passed away a few days after your grandfather. For me, it was a relief- she had dementia and as such was quite distressed, and it was horrible for my grandfather. RIP Granny Panda, Pamela June Chapman.

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
Thanks Felix, yeah in some respects its a relief after his stroke I believe he never spoke again and became very blank and absent looking. I just wish I'd had one last chance to see him before we left for Canada, having not known him for most of my life I wish I could of had more time together. Really sorry to hear about your Grandmother too. ::cheers::

Offline drpilot900

• Turbine 2nd Officer
    • Doug's Flights of Fancy
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »
Sorry to hear about the granddad Ben, my condolences. Enjoy every minute with the little ones!! My youngest is now 14 years old going into high school (and everything else that goes with teen years). God bless and god speed to you and your family.

--DR
I say "If your not having fun why bother?"

My repaints and other stuff available at: Doug's Flights of Fancy

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:09:08 PM »
Condolences Ben. Rather reminds me of getting an affirmation of freedom to marry letter, from the registrar in Dewsbury.  Took a while as there was a constant stream of interuptions. His signature on various documents, as we Brits call them, hatch, match, and dispatch certificates. When we were finally done, I told him I couldn't do his job for any money. He understood, and said the only ones that affected him now were death certificates for young children and newborns.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
Thanks guys, that last situation Steve just happened to my sister. She was pregnant due around the same time as my wife, then around a month ago now went for a normal pregnancy checkup with her GP to find they couldn't hear the babies heartbeat, they sent her right away to the hospital for an ultrasound and it was confirmed that the baby had died. It was well past her first scans when they check for any problems. The tragedy is she had to then give birth to her dead baby. They had the funeral for it last week while the docs currently do some tests on samples taken to see if they can work out what went wrong. Needless to say I think we've had our share of tragedy for this year, looking forward to my son being born in September now, my Granddad might have died but his legacy will continue through us.

Offline Frontier

• Command Captain
  • Retired independent flightplanner
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:32:48 PM »
Very sad to hear, my condolences.

Regarding the picture, very cute, in some way they remind of 'De Indische Waterlelies'.  ;D Translated as The Indian Water Lilies it's a fairy tale attraction in The Fairy Tale Forest in Dutch themepark Efteling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237lsaYoSlk
 ::party:: ;D

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic now so time to stop.
Grtz,
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

"What's next?" Check my Dispatch Status List!

Visit The Flying Carpet Hub for more flightplans and repaints