Author Topic: What is the most annoyed you have gotten at AI?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline drpilot900

• Turbine 2nd Officer
    • Doug's Flights of Fancy
Re: What is the most annoyed you have gotten at AI?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:56 PM »
I have so many problem with AI and installed all myself. I never complained with FS or AI. I love to investigate myself. It is good for use your head brain make stronger when I get older my brain will be better than falling apart.   I have seen or discover problem so I edit or fix myself.  All you need to do is look for DXT3 not higher DXT. You will learn something yourself.  I have not asked in forum how to read flight plans line in notepad. I figured it out myself for a few days. I gotcha understand how it worked.    Enjoy your flight simmer and don't need to say annoying or crazy.  lol  Just a game!   ;D

Stuart

Amen to that!!! Well said Stuart. It's a hobby for Pete's sake. Work on it yourself!!! Use these places as a reference if you have to, that is fine but do it yourself. That's why it's called a hobby. If it's not fun for you then quit. Nobody has to do it for you.
--DR
I say "If your not having fun why bother?"

My repaints and other stuff available at: Doug's Flights of Fancy

Offline Acumen_Nation

• Prop Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:55 PM »
I don't think I've ever gotten angry at AI; it's a .bmp file mapped to a .mdl file, controlled by an .air and .cfg file.  How could you get angry at computer code?

As an old friend of mine from PAI once said, "it's a cartoon, for crying out loud!" 

Offline Sloeber

• Senior Captain
  • Get you Sh** and get out!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
I used to only get angry at myself for missing stupid mistakes in (usually) the aircraft.cfg...
And when I found out what it was, it made me more satisfied when that repaint showed up.
And yes, I was also installing paints in the pre-aia era.. Flying an Xwing in FS2002 and stuff.. ;)
Beam me up Scotty, there's no Intelligent life down here!

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 12:52:02 PM »
A bit like smacking the tv to get a better picture. A waste of efort
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

PalmPilot

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
A bit like smacking the tv to get a better picture. A waste of efort

;D

Offline Ben

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Ops | Flightplanner | Private Pilot
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
Reading this thread reminded me of this classic joke:

http://www.computerjokes.net/001.asp   :groan:

Offline integral

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
- A simple corrupted DXT1 repaint at EGLL that corrupted almost one hundred other repaints.. causing artefacts from any AI to the top left corner of the screen on nvidia graphics and a CTD afterwards.
- lacking AIA 747-400 for two weeks anywhere in the sim after merging the three folders (PW/GE/RR) The reason ? FDE_B744_Hidden.air marked as sim=AIA_747_400 in air file. I know it's a wrong manoeuver (to merge the three) but I dit it as a try.
Finally understood how UVW Maps works. O.O

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 11:27:34 PM »
Reading this thread reminded me of this classic joke:

http://www.computerjokes.net/001.asp   :groan:

LOL!  :D  :D  I saw the story long time ago.  I also like this different joke about fax machine.  A lady who got a new job. Boss asked her to do is fax calling here is two papers to be fax with that number. A lady says ok. She dialed and beep. Again, she dialed and beep. and same over and over like about 5 times  the boss heard the beep too many times and walked to her. Is there is any problem with fax machine? A lady said, oh well, yes, it is. The paper won't take it to the fax inside. The paper came out.  It does not make a call.   ::rolleyes:  LOL!  :D

Stuart

Offline JWW2010

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
This thread made me chuckle. Somewhat a lurker on forums. I make my own AI world as good as possible, dont really upload too much.

Ive installed hundreds of ai aircraft and can usually troubleshoot my way to the problem but one beat me last night for the first time ever. The veteran air IL76 available on Avsim.ru which I believed was the RATS IL76TD basepack repaint. Could I get it to show...could I heck. If anyone is able to get this one to show in the sim then fair credit to you. I tried the texture name, every IL76TD model going etc etc...to no avail, so if anyone wants to have a go feel free. Incidentally it was the first IL76 for RATS I have had to install...all meothers are SAMDIM/SKJ repaints.

But other than that AI has never really annoyed me, apart from the time it can take sometimes. But time=reward. If its wrong, its usually my fault and the IL76 above probably was.

Biggest cause of help I have been asked has normally been:

1. It doesnt show in the selector screen - answer change .air file to 0.
2. It still doesnt show - answer - check yopur ui_xxxxx spellings are correct.
3. When I select the airline no plane shows and it stops spinning - normally incompatable texture or model.
4. The plane is grey...again check spelling.

My other pet hate used to be mrai flightplans that had an aircraft stationary for 90% of the time. Know AIA have perfected a/c utilisation but those that are uploaded that dont try this simple trick of spreading it out argh.

But those niggles on the backbone of an amazing community...way too many to mention here...are minor blips in an enjoyable art-form.