Author Topic: ICE Ai at it again? This time as global ai traffic?  (Read 18262 times)

Offline imperialairways

• Prop Captain
ICE Ai at it again? This time as global ai traffic?
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
Now I don't speak any spanish and I certainly don't want to accuse anyone, but the connection to the infamous "ICE AI" seems to be there. Maybe someone who's lingual abilities go beyond mine ("una cerveza, por favor") could check it out:

http://www.gaitraffic.com/

Torsten

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
Re: ICE Ai at it again? This time as global ai traffic?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:46:39 PM »
You may well be right, Torsten, and, whether or not it is the same people, it's very likely to be pirated work but I wouldn't give them any attention..

I spent countless hours on pursuing ICE AI and succeeded in shutting them down several times and in different ways but, at the end of all that effort, the attention we gave them almost certainly increased their market.  It's sad that some of the community feel that they have a right to pirate the hard work of others but this element has been around for a long time and having another punch up isn't going to change that. ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline jhz94

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
This time is it 1&1 Internet in Chesterbrook, PA who is the domain registrar.
http://1and1.com/contact
http://whois.net/whois/gaitraffic.com

Please get rid of those stupid LCCs in Europe.
I have a flightdiary.net account. Do you?

Offline jhz94

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
Why not send them a mail at abuse@1and1.com. If we are as many as possible we may succeed this time as well.

Please get rid of those stupid LCCs in Europe.
I have a flightdiary.net account. Do you?

Offline imperialairways

• Prop Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »
Matthew, I am afraid your assessment is on the spot. One would have to put in an extreme amount of time only to find that those people stuck their noses out of yet another hole. From what I read in many forums, most people avoid them, but there will always be willing users who just don't care. BTW I came across that particular reenactment in the aviation hobby section of a.net - I'm not a member but maybe somebody who is could at least explain in the froum who these people are and what they do.
Anyway, I'll just take this opportunity to thank AIG and the other groups for making FS so much better!

Torsten

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
This page confirms the connection http://iceaitraffic.altervista.org/english.html
Best regards

Matthew

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:08:26 PM »
It's so much more rewarding customizing your AI by yourself,even though it's painstaking,you can have your Sim looking the way you want to instead of someone elses work
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Turbine Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »
If the models are all freeware ones (I assume so since they would be "out of business" if a payware package was being pirated) then the only real way to fight it would be for all freeware a/c and repaint and flightplan people to get together and agree to make a better (and official) package to beat these suckers at their own game. I would guess that with WOAI "going the way of all flesh" we can look at that problem getting worse. Sad fact is that surely freeware developers can't prove any material loss, so there's just the hope that a host will see things their way.

The only virtue of a ripped off mega-package is to give people an instant hit of AI traffic - convenience and instant gratification, nothing more - so the way to go is "one better". How practical that is, is another question, one guy packaging up his own traffic and not collaborating is going to find the job easier that a group of people seeking permissions etc. For some people this group are filling a void, a need, even if they are going the wrong way about it.
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language

Offline Acumen_Nation

• Prop Captain

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »
surely freeware developers can't prove any material loss

The last time we had a fight (with ICE AI) it was largely based on discovering just how well all of the freeware developers' work is protected in U.S. domestic law and in international law and treaties.   It is a severe breach of intellectual property rights and it was on that basis that I was able to cut off their downloads repeatedly and was also able to shut down their blog and web site.

But, yes, a new WoAI would go a very long way to minimising the problem. From their download numbers, I'd guess that WoAI had way more active users than these guys could ever dream of.  Why get something illegally when it's readily available for free legally ? ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline RobW94

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • Flying Carpet Hub
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »
Sorry I'm abit ignorant to this organisation, never heard of them before

Am I right in saying these guys download all of our stuff, zip it up into one big file and publish it as their own?  :o
Robert Williams
AIG Dispatch | Flying Carpet Hub | FAIB Beta

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
Sorry I'm abit ignorant to this organisation, never heard of them before

Am I right in saying these guys download all of our stuff, zip it up into one big file and publish it as their own?  :o
:rollseyes: ::mad:: :-\
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »
Am I right in saying these guys download all of our stuff, zip it up into one big file and publish it as their own?

..and are the folks who can claim credit for the one and only time AIG shut down its forums deliberately for a few days, Yes.

However, that said, they did when still in the ICE AI persona say that they were going to create some work of their own and their Facebook page does suggest that is happening - they display repaints including 1 or 2 but Antoine Calleja aka. Globus (on these forums) aka. EndeavourAI (I believe).  They have a couple of afcad developers on board too.

So, not wishing to stoke the fires here chaps but simply suggesting that it is possible that their more recent packages do include some of their own work.  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
Has anyone had a look at their work yet?
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Turbine Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
able to shut down their blog and web site.

I guess that went further than a simple DMCA request!  :)

But yes, a reborn WOAI might not spike their guns completely, but would certainly make their existence that bit more pointless - assuming that's even possible.
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language