Author Topic: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo changes ICAO code  (Read 830 times)

Offline Nils

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
Johannesburg O.R. Tambo changes ICAO code
« on: January 12, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »
Just to let you know.
Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport has changed it's ICAO code from FAJS to FAOR on 10th January 2013. IATA code stays JNB.
http://www.uasc.com/documents/support/AptDB_CurrentCycle_Report.pdf
Get my repaints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo changes ICAO code
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
But flightplans will still use FAJS.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »
 :groan: Really?  It's gonna be mess if we pull airline timetable into database FP new code to have to be FAOR.  I have to change in FS airport properties and all FP's to change FAOR.

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
No. Just leave it. I can say 100% sure that all AIG flightplans will continue to keep FAJS, because it's the default ICAO for that airport.

So no need to change everything right away.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline vadim

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »
The problem is that we use not only AIG FPs. It can be a mess in the FS.

Offline ewerber

• Turbine Captain
    • FSXAIBureau
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
This is something that needs to be resolved externally from the flightplan for example by AIFP.
I don't know if that functionality exists but AIFP should check (or ask the user) if the current installation of FS has had FAJS ICAO code change to the new code and update the flightplan accordingly and vice verse if the flight planner used the new code AIFP would know to revert back to the old code if needed.
This should solve the inconsistency problems.
Erez Werber,
FSXAIBureau.com

Offline joshua dean

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:02:57 PM »
Its the alternative ICAO feature. It was implemented a while back.

I asked Don if it were possible after changing my WRRR to WADD in the simulator. AIG still use WRRR, so whenever AIFP finds WRRR in the plans, it gives me the warning message that alternative ICAO codes have been found. It then lets me change it before compiling.
Regards, Joshua

My Repaints

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 03:33:29 AM »
I just finished and all is good change to FAOR all airlines/GA/Cargo flight plans.  It looks great at FAOR traffic.  I just using to find FP from ACA2005 scanned to find airlines FP. I changed all codes. There is no problem at all.

Stuart

Offline vadim

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 05:02:46 AM »
As for me, I'll change FAJS to FAOR only if a new scenery with a new code is created. Otherwise I see no sense in changing it now.

Offline M-Sauce

• Command Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 05:10:43 AM »
As for me, I'll change FAJS to FAOR only if a new scenery with a new code is created. Otherwise I see no sense in changing it now.

Yeah, spot on. Unless you go through the trouble of making the scenery changes, which is not as simple as just renaming the ADE file, there really is no point in changing it over.

Once you do, you can just edit your AIFP text file so that it replaces all FAJS references in flightplans to FAOR. How to do that, I would need to look it up. But I know it can do it.

::cheers::
ROG Rampage V Edition 10, Intel Core i7-6850K 4.6GHz (OC & Watercooled)
Corsair VLPX DDR4-3200 64GB , Samsung M2 960 PRO 2TB, SanDisk 1TBx2 (RAID 0)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC (2xSLI & Watercooled), Asus ROG PG348Q, TM HOTAS Warthog
Caselabs Merlin SM8, Corsair AX1500i, Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 05:32:35 AM »
Well, I don't need AIFP. I'm using TTools.  It is a lot of work rename in notepad.  Airports.txt and flightplans.txt then complied each airline flightplan.   It took me 2 hours to do this.  Almost 100 of them in FAOR services.  I checked in old FAJS in ACA2005 to see any airline served.  I wrote it down name of airlines to decomplied then edit then complied.  

It's up to you.  But remembered that stock is still shows FAJS. I can only deleted all taxiways, parking spots and make two runways narrow with no lights and marking. I saved it for AF2_FJAS.bgl so I created my own ADE new FAOR with no problem at all.  You can't see under old FAJS links.   No conflicts FP.  Make you remember to update new flight plans if serve FJAS to change edit to FAOR before your complied it.  

Good luck,

Stuart

FYI-

Make sure you change prwydata.dat and airports.txt in main folder to change to FAOR.  Your FMS will work if you type FAOR to select ILS freq without any problem.

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 08:05:43 AM »
A lot of work, when the easy approach is to do nothing, unless a new scenery is made. Which has already been pointed out.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Turbine Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:22 AM »
Less work if you use Notepad++, decompile all the FP needing the changes, drag all the airport.txt and flightplans.txt files into Notepad++, choose your edit..

e.g. ask to change ",FAJS" to ",FAOR" and click "change all in all opened documents", they all get changed in flightplans.

then ask to change "FAJS,S" to "FAOR,S" and click "change all.." again, they all get changed in airports.txt files.

Then just the chore of recompilation.

I got NP++ for its column-editing mode, but there's so much else good about it too. Can also be configured for "languages" as in XML, C++ etc.
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language

Offline vadim

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 05:44:15 AM »
Less work if you use Notepad++, decompile all the FP needing the changes, drag all the airport.txt and flightplans.txt files into Notepad++, choose your edit..

e.g. ask to change ",FAJS" to ",FAOR" and click "change all in all opened documents", they all get changed in flightplans.

then ask to change "FAJS,S" to "FAOR,S" and click "change all.." again, they all get changed in airports.txt files.

Then just the chore of recompilation.

I got NP++ for its column-editing mode, but there's so much else good about it too. Can also be configured for "languages" as in XML, C++ etc.

100% correct. But what about the airport itself? You have to change the airport data in AFCAD (sometimes it is not so easy) to see aircraft moving. In other case the airport will be empty and landing aircraft just disappear.