Author Topic: Landing problem in FS2004  (Read 388 times)

Offline james84

• Turbine 1st Officer
Landing problem in FS2004
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
Hello all,
today I have flown a flight in FS2004 and a problem that often happens to me especially with long haul flights since I started using it appered again.
When engaging the thrust reverse, sometimes this is effective only on one engine (generally the left engine), whereas the other one keeps on working with no thrust reduction. This leads the aircraft to skid on the side of the engine with reverse on, of course.
This used to happen also on my old PC and on previous installations on my new and more powerful machine, both with keyboard and joystick. I mainly fly Project Airbus A32s and POSKY 777s.
Here is what I usually do:
- approach with autothrottle on (on Project Airbus) and spoilers and autobrakes armed
- deselect autothrottle and speed gauge
- decrease power before touchdown
When doing long flights I fly at 16x but also take one or more breaks, getting to Windows with the dedicated key and entering the game again. Also, sometimes I reduce speed at 4x to observe the AI traffi.
I guess this issue depends on some of the bugs FS9 has always suffered, but is there a solution?
Thanks and kind regards,
Giacomo
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:09:30 PM by james84 »

Offline Nils

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
Re: Landing problem in FS2004
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
I'm not sure, but this should work:
Press E and then the numbers 1 and 2 (for two engines) or 1, 2, 3 and 4 (for four engines) therafter (one after each other, but fast), to select all of them.
Get my repaints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
I'm not sure, but this should work:
Press E and then the numbers 1 and 2 (for two engines) or 1, 2, 3 and 4 (for four engines) therafter (one after each other, but fast), to select all of them.

Yes, it is.  The problem is do not use RWYINFO whilst you are on the ground.  After off the ground you may use RWYINFO.  Bcuz it is strange glitch if you type "EGLL" or "KECP" it will confuse on ground with an "E" it will toggle engine off or on it is problem.  When you land to airport auto throttle off and engine wasn't off. It confuses itself issue.  I had learned myself discovered with RWYINFO.  Don't do with RWYINFO when you are leaving airport off ground wait until up the air. You can open RWYINFO in air so it won't hurt with RWYINFO or engine toggle off or on.  It is strange glitch somehow.   ::rolleyes:

Hope that helps.

Stuart

Offline james84

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »
Thanks guys. I don't think I have RWYINFO, or at least never opened it, I always get the ILS frequencies from the game map.
Nils, I'll try as you indicated and let you know.
Cheers!