Author Topic: Are you using Flytampa Kai Tak?  (Read 1368 times)

Online bradley27

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
Are you using Flytampa Kai Tak?
« on: September 28, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
I was just wondering how many of you were using Flytampa Kai Tak...if you had AI traffic visiting or was it just sitting pretty but unused.

I have both Kai Tak and Imaginesims Hong Kong...all traffic is assigned to VHHH but a big part of me wants to switch them over to VHHX.

Interested to hear opinions  :-\
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:41:13 AM by bradley27 »
Bradley | P3Dv4.5 | AIG Moderator & Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta

Offline Dinga69

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Turbine Captain
Re: Are you using Flytampa Kai Tak?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:54:45 AM »
i'm using 9Dragons Kai Tak and all my ai traffic goes there. It's a simple matter of replacing VHHH with VHHX in all your Flightplans using notepads global replace all function. If you're using Traffic tools you'll need to replace VHHH with VHHX too!! It does seem to work without any adjustments to the flightplan timings as VHHH is only a short hop away!! It's worth the effort if you're not too fussed about modern realism!! You can use ACA2005 to see which aircraft visit VHHH without decompiling all your plans!!

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
I might be wrong, but I think WOAI made a package to include traffic in/out of VHHX. Don't know if it's still availabe though.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
I have the FT Kai Tak, and Thomas Kwong Hong Kong scenery

I used Kai Tak for nostalgic reasons, and i have quite a number of retro flightplans going to VHHX (like China Airlines, Singapore Airlines 1993/1994, Malaysia 1990's), so its quite used in my sim though  :)

Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Online bradley27

• Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »
I know how to get traffic to go to VHHX from VHHH (thats quite easy to do)...Was just interested to know what peoples own setups were and if they were actually infact using Kai Tak at all for AI  :)

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »
I have it but all my AI go to VHHH. I like the surrounding area and the buildings in the Kai Tak scenery. And since the real airport is closed in real life it will stay closed in my sim.

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:08:22 AM »
I have it but all my AI go to VHHH. I like the surrounding area and the buildings in the Kai Tak scenery. And since the real airport is closed in real life it will stay closed in my sim.
Same here. I'm using the scenery to get the scenery of the city, but VHHX is also closed in my sim.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Swag

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »
VHHX is the only airport where I make use of static aicraft. The ones in FlyTampa's scenery actually look quite good!

Offline integral

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »
almost like swedishousemafia, I use a mix of current, retro .. and somewhat "fantasy-but realistic" AI traffic.
For example, I have airframes/liveries/repaints downloaded and installed in the sim, while they are no longer flying for a given airline IRL, or even retired or scraped (SIA A310s, Classic MAS 737s..) So they're no longer featured in recent (AIG) flightplans. But I manually add and compile what I call "Flightplans overloads", like routes no longer flown or same routes as actual, but at different times from retro flightplans. For those, I changed VHHH to VHHX, the same with VTBS and VTBD, and so on.
Really challenging landing in Kay Tak with a bunch of other birds flying in and out, and in fact, the airport doesn't look "retro" at all with a lot of 747-400s, A340(-200) and even some 777s. And to add to the insanity of my likes, there are a couple of airlines flying the A380 there.. I know ! VHHX has some cat limitations, but what if.. isn't it ?
Finally understood how UVW Maps works. O.O

Offline Tom C.

• Command Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
I have my AI going to VHHH as it should be, but I also have a self made file for use in VHHX that uses also a self made Airport in the South China Sea area, flightplans only flying between both Airports.
Therefore no duplicate in and out of VHHH and Airports elsewhere around the world.

Suits my set-up even if none of the flight times are accurate, but it does fill up VHHX.

On the scenery side, Fly Tampa VHHX and Imaginesim VHHH are used.
Tom C.

Veni,           Vidi,        Velcro  
I came,      I saw,    I stuck around...

Once upon a time AFCAD developer!

Offline cgold

• Turbine Captain
  • Smoke and Noise..
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
I use both Imaginesim's VHHH and FlyTampa's Kai Tak. I use them sort of like what JFK and LGA are like in the states.
Makes AI flow a little easier - albeit, it may not be totally accurate.

Offline mozart

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »
I use both Imaginesim's VHHH and FlyTampa's Kai Tak. I use them sort of like what JFK and LGA are like in the states.
Makes AI flow a little easier - albeit, it may not be totally accurate.

I do something similar, but more like what Haneda used to be: domestic (China in this case) and regional. So I use VHHX for "regional" flights, i.e. by airlines from Asia-Pacific, plus all the Dragonair and Qantas traffic and most cargo airlines. But then when I fly from VHHH all the traffic moves there so that VHHH looks busier. Quite a bit of editing there (but made easier by AIFP2), but worthwhile.

Online bradley27

• Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
Interesting  8)

Offline anscad

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 02:55:45 AM »
I installed a traffic file and aircraft for Kai Tak in the sim but it cause all teh AIG traffic to disappear. When I removed the traffic file the AIG traffic reappears. Anyone knows how to install an additional traffic fiel and keep AIG's traffic as well?

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 07:48:05 AM »
The reason is that the traffic file you added is a FS9 file. That will make all AI traffic made for FSX and above disappear.

When you have installed the BGL file, open it in the program AIFP. Make sure that the version on the left in the AIFP program is the version of P3D you are using. Then press the Compile" button. Now check the airport in the sim.
Regards

Johan Clausen