Author Topic: READ: UTT DECOMPILING, MODIFYING AND SELLING AIA MODELS  (Read 30106 times)

Offline Ronaldo747

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Turbine Captain
  • #avgeek
    • Mojave International Airlines - Virtual airlinesim airlines
Re: READ: UTT DECOMPILING, MODIFYING AND SELLING AIA MODELS
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 09:40:40 AM »
Well I'm quite shocked and I don't know what to say .. but

The nose section is basically the same but they have for some reason modeled the folding cargo nose even on the passenger model. You can see the same basic polygon layout on both, you can tell what's been modified / moved around and what points and vertices have remained the same.

Aha. Well this is why the UTT 747-8 nose still looks very odd to me ..
Kind regards, Ronald

P3Dv4 and v5; AIG Dispatch Beta Tester, AIController Beta Tester
http://www.airlinesim.aero

Offline RobW94

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • Flying Carpet Hub
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
First, be tolerant to others opinion which differs from Your one.
Talking about this particular case I am an interested person because in case of violation of so called "intellectual property" I will have to get rid of some very good (I say again -VERY GOOD) models which has no substitution right now.
Regards.

I am perfectly tolerant. What I didn't like is the suggestive nature of the post towards Andy, who is established well respective modeller, as it implies that he is talking bullsh*t .

In this post Andy talks about wireframe vertices matching exactly and how this is a extremely odd - http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=17521.msg167400#msg167400

Dear Andy, who started the fire and inflamed everything around
Was there any need for this? Very rude IMO

Could you make the same comparison between these THREE models (UTT, AIA and FAIB)? In this case IMO the differences and coincidences would be clearly visible
Andy has already displayed how the same a/c wireframes look very different (AIG CRJ vs POSKY). When you look at the photo Andy displays above you can see how they aren't very different but eerily similar

I will have to get rid of some very good (I say again -VERY GOOD) models which has no substitution right now
This isn't the issue, it may look good aesthetically but the fact is, the evidence strongly points toward it being stolen. Therefore it's morally bad and the fact they are selling the source code is outrageous. The nature of the post seems you only care about having a lovely complete AI set up and aren't bothered who gets hurt in the process.

Any that's enough, I'm not getting involved with a personal debate on here.
Robert Williams
AIG Dispatch | Flying Carpet Hub | FAIB Beta

Offline vadim

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
First, be tolerant to others opinion which differs from Your one.
Talking about this particular case I am an interested person because in case of violation of so called "intellectual property" I will have to get rid of some very good (I say again -VERY GOOD) models which has no substitution right now.
Regards.

I am perfectly tolerant. What I didn't like is the suggestive nature of the post towards Andy, who is established well respective modeller, as it implies that he is talking bullsh*t .

In this post Andy talks about wireframe vertices matching exactly and how this is a extremely odd - http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=17521.msg167400#msg167400

Dear Andy, who started the fire and inflamed everything around
Was there any need for this? Very rude IMO

Could you make the same comparison between these THREE models (UTT, AIA and FAIB)? In this case IMO the differences and coincidences would be clearly visible
Andy has already displayed how the same a/c wireframes look very different (AIG CRJ vs POSKY). When you look at the photo Andy displays above you can see how they aren't very different but eerily similar

I will have to get rid of some very good (I say again -VERY GOOD) models which has no substitution right now
This isn't the issue, it may look good aesthetically but the fact is, the evidence strongly points toward it being stolen. Therefore it's morally bad and the fact they are selling the source code is outrageous. The nature of the post seems you only care about having a lovely complete AI set up and aren't bothered who gets hurt in the process.

Any that's enough, I'm not getting involved with a personal debate on here.

No, Robert. You have just showed total intolerance to my opinion. The problem of almost all forums (not only AIG) is that many "distinguished" members think that their opinion is right and sacred. I'm not going to argue with anybody here any more as I will be always wrong and rude because my own opinion does not match the "official" one.
Thanks. Goodbye.

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
Too many drama queens these days, too few AI-modellers.
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V5.2HF1

Offline Loc

• Prop Captain
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »
RobW94 Ok, maybe you are right and UTT have "stolen" other's product to create FSX AI FREE models. You can download them from UTT site for free, aren't you? But please answer: if AIG is getting involved in this issue, how much time it will take for AIG modellers to create honest FSX AI models of Boeing 747-8i,747-8F, 787, Canadair CRJ-1000, CRJ-900, Phenom-100, McDonnell Douglas MD-11, Sukhoi Superjet 100? Do you have the answer?

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
This is shocking indeed  ???

Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Offline bradley27

• Command Captain
  • #BleedGreen
    • My FS Screenshots
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 12:50:23 PM »
Its not the case of whose going to do the honest work, its a case of those very few talented modellers that know the trade and skill to make these for free to a very small community when you compare it to other hobbies out there in hind sight.

This does leave things for current models and paints and stuff in beta at an odd stage, and it would be nice if something can be worked out.

The fact AIG members are painting and beta testing these models in question does beg the question..'do AIG completely pull away from UTT'?

Lets not turn this in to a war of comments and opinions...we have been lucky to get some brilliant work from FAIB and who knows he may have more to come?

I agree with the stealing being the wrong thing to do, and if this is the case then we do have a problem.
P3Dv4.5 | AIG Moderator & Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta | Awaiting Flytampa: LGAV, LOWW

Offline Ronaldo747

• Turbine Captain
  • #avgeek
    • Mojave International Airlines - Virtual airlinesim airlines
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »
I think we all need to slow down, guys ..
Kind regards, Ronald

P3Dv4 and v5; AIG Dispatch Beta Tester, AIController Beta Tester
http://www.airlinesim.aero

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »
Agreed with Ronaldo747 guys,

we need to calm down. there's no need for a war of comments and opinions between anyone
Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Offline alexstan

• Senior Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »
I for one agree with an above poster.
I would like to see a wireframe comparison between the FAIB B732, the AIA B732, and the alleged stolen-from-AIA UTT B732. That would be interesting.

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »
Having dabbled with modelling a bit myself (ish), the only conclusion (having looked at the wireframes) I can get to is the same as Andy. I've tried to duplicate parts and, short of manually putting in the coordinates, it's impossible to get stuff perfectly lined up like that. Simply impossible. I'm very disappointed. Obviously with 2 models of the same aircraft there will be many similarities, but to have cross sections with identical kinks in them, in exactly the same place? No chance.

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • Administrator
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »
As some of you have asked for it, FAIB vs UTT.

As you can see they are both 737's, that is where the similarity ends.

Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline Dubstar

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
I think we all need to slow down, guys .

I think so too.

This is something between the modellers only that should be taken into private discussions.

If the public is upset everybody may remove the offending models from the hdd anytime in order to have a morally upright setup.
Regards,
Sebastian

Core i3-530 (2x 2,93 GHz) - GIGABYTE H55M-UD2H MATX - 8GB Kingston DDR 3 RAM 1333MHz - Gainward GeForce GTX760 - LG GH22NS - WesternDigital WD6400AAKS - Intel  IMHMW3 SSD 80GB - FSX Accelearation - Win 7 64bit

Offline eric_19

• Command Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »
I heard a  rumor that AIA was going to redevelop their models with UTT? few months ago

Offline heliosair

• Senior Captain
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 05:53:16 PM »
Tired of this.. better go and do some flightplanning
Tamas

CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: PC3-10700H DDR3 8GB
Videocard: MSI GeForce GTX 470 Twin Frozr II 1280MB