Author Topic: 99% of traffic missing at Singapore.  (Read 873 times)

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
99% of traffic missing at Singapore.
« on: July 16, 2014, 05:27:57 AM »
I have just installed the latest SIA FPS. Went to look in the sim, and nada. I looked around the clock and eventually saw a LionAir 737. I went to Heathrow and there was an A380 of SIA on descent. I have Jim Vile's AFCAD, but disabling that makes no difference. The place should be teeming. AirAsia group, Tiger Airways , Thai etc etc. Any ideas please?
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Mrbobo18

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: 99% of traffic missing at Singapore.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 07:10:39 AM »
I have just installed the latest SIA FPS. Went to look in the sim, and nada. I looked around the clock and eventually saw a LionAir 737. I went to Heathrow and there was an A380 of SIA on descent. I have Jim Vile's AFCAD, but disabling that makes no difference. The place should be teeming. AirAsia group, Tiger Airways , Thai etc etc. Any ideas please?

I have the same problem with this and Austrian and Qatar Flighplans to

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=19438.0

Pete

Offline pommy80

• AIG Dispatch
  • Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:19 AM »
Could it be that you are running FS9/FSX in administrator mode, and the program you used to compile the plans (TTools or AIFP) wasn't in administrator mode as well? This happened to me before.
Daniel

AIG Flightplanner

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:49:06 AM »
It only seems to be Changi though.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline nangua

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
Hi Steve

You running FSX?

You may very well have a mix of FS9 and FSX plans. Aircraft from just one FS9 traffic .bgl will suppress all aircraft in the area from your FSX traffic .bgls. I've had this, because I accidentally compiled a flightplan for my FSX into an FS9 .bgl.

Perhaps get AI Flight Planner to find any FS9 traffic .bgls.

Quote from Don Grovestine:

Don't Mix FS9 and FSX Traffic Files: FS9 traffic files are compatible with FSX. However, as described more fully in the User Manual, if FSX "sees" a compiled-for-FS9 traffic file, it will generate AI traffic for that file and any other compiled-for-FS9 traffic files it "sees"; but, it will not generate traffic for any compiled-for-FSX files. This has nothing to do with AI Flight Planner. It is a FSX "feature".

So, if you don't get (or suddenly stop getting) AI traffic from compiled-for-FSX traffic files, the first thing to look for is a compiled-for FS9 file somewhere within FSX's scope - probably in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder. You'll find AI Flight Planner's Find FS9 Files function very useful for this.

If you're running FS9, it may well be the other way around! But I'm not totally sure, so perhaps someone else can verify that.

Cheers,

David
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:31:33 AM by nangua »
Sometimes not getting what you want can be a blessing.

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »
Bingo. Thanks David, I had  1 FS9 file in there. Thank you.  ::cheers::
Regards, Steve

Offline Mrbobo18

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
Hi Steve

You running FSX?

You may very well have a mix of FS9 and FSX plans. Aircraft from just one FS9 traffic .bgl will suppress all aircraft in the area from your FSX traffic .bgls. I've had this, because I accidentally compiled a flightplan for my FSX into an FS9 .bgl.

Perhaps get AI Flight Planner to find any FS9 traffic .bgls.

Quote from Don Grovestine:

Don't Mix FS9 and FSX Traffic Files: FS9 traffic files are compatible with FSX. However, as described more fully in the User Manual, if FSX "sees" a compiled-for-FS9 traffic file, it will generate AI traffic for that file and any other compiled-for-FS9 traffic files it "sees"; but, it will not generate traffic for any compiled-for-FSX files. This has nothing to do with AI Flight Planner. It is a FSX "feature".

So, if you don't get (or suddenly stop getting) AI traffic from compiled-for-FSX traffic files, the first thing to look for is a compiled-for FS9 file somewhere within FSX's scope - probably in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder. You'll find AI Flight Planner's Find FS9 Files function very useful for this.

If you're running FS9, it may well be the other way around! But I'm not totally sure, so perhaps someone else can verify that.

Cheers,

David

I have AI Flight Planner but how would I search for a FSX bgl?

It only seems to wanted find a FS9 bgl in FSX

Pete

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »
Pete You may do netter asking in AIG product support. There is a stickied topic for AIFP  ;)
Regards, Steve