Author Topic: British Airways question  (Read 543 times)

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
British Airways question
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:21:51 AM »
I am updating the DJC paints with the new FAIB paints. In the WI13-14 plans it has "shuttle" paints. Since there are no "shuttle" paints for the FAIB can I change them to the regular paints?

Here is a example of what I am talking about. AC#520,450,"British Airways Airbus A321-200 SHUTTLE". The repaints text say to use british_airways_a321-231_g-euxc.zip from ImpulseAI. Can I change this entry to a normal one? I don't think there is a difference between the "shuttle" paint and the new" normal" paint. Is there?

Offline Kyle M.

• Command Captain
  • Without a Heart, it's just a Machine - KDEN
    • Kyle's AI Works
Re: British Airways question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:06:10 AM »
No visible difference between Shuttle and regular frames. They switch out quite often I believe.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:13:51 AM by F18bkr »

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:16:45 AM »
Thanks. I will take the shuttle entries and re number them so they are the regular or crest paints.  ::cheers::

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:04:41 AM »
SHUTTLE is the callsign for the inter-UK flights (Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow etc.). There are no dedicated planes for the SHUTTLE flights. A A320 can easily have a flight to i.e. Milan or Moscow as SPEEDBIRD and it's next flight will be a SHUTTLE to Glasgow.

So no visual difference. The difference in tve flightplan is that to get bth callsigns used they had to get dedicated planes for SPEEDBIRD and dedicated planes for SHUTTLE. FS can't read the planes that fly with 2 different callsigns. So we had to dedicate them for each callsign.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:14:11 AM »
SHUTTLE is the callsign for the inter-UK flights (Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow etc.). There are no dedicated planes for the SHUTTLE flights. A A320 can easily have a flight to i.e. Milan or Moscow as SPEEDBIRD and it's next flight will be a SHUTTLE to Glasgow.

So no visual difference. The difference in tve flightplan is that to get bth callsigns used they had to get dedicated planes for SPEEDBIRD and dedicated planes for SHUTTLE. FS can't read the planes that fly with 2 different callsigns. So we had to dedicate them for each callsign.

Thanks for the explanation! I had the shuttle paint (the djc) model but had the speedbird callsign. When I put in the new paints I will make the changes to the callsign.