Author Topic: Updated UNNT Tolmachevo  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
Re: Updated UNNT Tolmachevo
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »
Those Tupolev engineers sure like using anhedral. When you look at the wingtip during taxiing it looks as if they have a flat tire!  ;D

One of my favorite free-ware airplanes is the Tu124. Those wingroot mounted engines make it look like a military bomber...actually, it probably was designe as such.  ::)

I guess you know that anhedral makes a design more unstable and improves maneuverability - which answers part 2 of your post!
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language

Offline M-Sauce

• Command Captain
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 09:37:59 AM »
I wonder why they would want such a feature on an airliner? I know that the Tu 134 had several accidents due to low-time guys getting in trouble flying it, probably due to its instability.

Maybe they used the anhedral to keep the gear legs shorter, maybe to help with un-improved field conditions, reducing the probability of damaging the gear.  ??? ??? ???

I love how the gear retracts into pods on the wings. Makes them look like external tanks.  ::evilgrin::

Mariano  ::cheers::
ROG Rampage V Edition 10, Intel Core i7-6850K 4.6GHz (OC & Watercooled)
Corsair VLPX DDR4-3200 64GB , Samsung M2 960 PRO 2TB, SanDisk 1TBx2 (RAID 0)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC (2xSLI & Watercooled), Asus ROG PG348Q, TM HOTAS Warthog
Caselabs Merlin SM8, Corsair AX1500i, Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4

Offline Loc

• Prop Captain
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
For those that are interested an updated version of "Tolmachevo TEAM" UNNT Tolmachevo has appeared at Avsim.ru.

link:http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?action=download&id=14333&hl=

I've installed this wonderful scenery, I've got a small problem though, the default scenery is flickering through the add-on scenery at several parts of the runway. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And does anyone know a fix for it?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

try downloading this updated version:
http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action=download&id=14344&hl=

and download this patch
http://avsim.ru/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=157296
put it to "fs9\Addon scenery\UNNT-2008\scenery", ths should fix flickering problem..

They promise to make a patch for UNNT-2008 and release it (with patch) on avsim.com with english manual.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:41:23 PM by Loc »

Offline Tupolev144

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 02:43:22 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
I wonder why they would want such a feature on an airliner? I know that the Tu 134 had several accidents due to low-time guys getting in trouble flying it, probably due to its instability.

Maybe they used the anhedral to keep the gear legs shorter, maybe to help with un-improved field conditions, reducing the probability of damaging the gear.  ??? ??? ???

Well, considering the time it was built, a troop transport was another possible use for them. It always fascinated me to see the olive-drab wheel hubs on "civilian" planes.

Shorter gear for rough fields would surely compromise the undersurface of the wings if stuff was thrown up, and the huge flap area (and massive ventral spoiler) would certainly have gotten a hammering. The BAe-146's short gear is hung far out to minimize the same problems, engines forward of the main gear, wing way above the gear, no thrust reverse. Going back to the Tupolevs, shorter oleos for the gear would definitely minimize the lateral stresses for hard stops or short fields, but FOD would be more of a problem. Maybe the underwing and those pods are more armored than usual?

I think any handling problems the Tu-134 has might be more due to the fact that the airplane seemed to fly approaches quite "hot" (although I believe its landing speed is/was 141kt), it always seemed fast on finals from my younger point of view. Also, its a small airliner but still a fairly massive thing to move around the sky and there's the inertia thing going on (just no pendular stability due to the anhedral - I always used to visualize anhedral & dihedral as sitting on top of a beachball rather than laying in a hammock - as an instant reminder of the forces involved, that image worked well for me - and you can't relax on a beachball).

Since the 134's wing is highly swept (about 7 or 8 degrees more than the usual airliners of its class) it would be more prone to tip stall (because more air would flow out along the span and not be creating lift by simply crossing the wing "like it should do" (and the reason for things like the big wing fences on the contemporary Caravelle). I think because of that factor, finals would be flown quite hot and the barn-door flaps used to bring the speed right down for touchdown. Once a swept wing gets tip-stall it produces an up-pitch because the CofP moves forward (only the inboard parts of the wing are still flying), and that just increases the tip stall even more, so it would be one of those areas that a sane pilot, or an experienced one, would stay well away from.

Even in a typical light trainer, a hot approach is always a source of problems-in-waiting (witness the number of C152 nosewheel collapses when the inexperienced pilot tries to keep the airplane on the ground after a hot approach, and wonders why the runway end is getting so close). I think in something like the 134 that would be the source of major problems for the inexperienced pilot. Must be a good feeling to get it right though.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 03:21:19 PM by Per Ardua Ad Ars »
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language

Offline alpet

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • Russian AI Traffic System
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
Not the same guys, but yes, it's free for now.  :)

Offline Tupolev144

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 07:04:40 PM »

BTW. Alpet, is RATS still alive? It's been a long time since the release of your last packages, I'm really looking forward to more Il-76s.

Offline alpet

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »

BTW. Alpet, is RATS still alive? It's been a long time since the release of your last packages, I'm really looking forward to more Il-76s.
Still alive and will celebrate the second birthday soon - July, 17.  :)

Offline Tupolev144

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
Thanks for your quick reaction alpet, I'm looking forward to July 17th.

Offline ckopnuo-67

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »
after the release of the scene UNNT many years have passed. the band 16/34 is already working. I made a small correction AFCAD - extended taxiway on the band 16/34, and added ILS according to the schemes. if this hotfix is interesting, where I can give?

Offline Hannes44

• Prop Captain
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
@ckopnuo-67

There is a version UNNT 2012 with runway 16/34 available on avsim.rus: 44908-UNNT-2012.zip

or on avsim.com: unnt-2012.zip

Offline GHB

• Senior Captain
  • FS9 user only
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 06:49:24 AM »
after the release of the scene UNNT many years have passed.

4 years later, congrats for a 1st post!

:D

GHB
Peter Fechter (1944 - 1962) "Er wollte nur die Freiheit"

Offline ckopnuo-67

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 04:45:40 AM »
Version UNNT-2012 is made for FS2004! I added the version of Alfa-India for FSX

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »
Hi

Version UNNT-2012 is made for FS2004! I added the version of Alfa-India for FSX

That's good news but you added my UNNT where ?

I wouldn't like to equate my UNNT to the work of the Tolmachevo Team as mine is an enhanced afcad with some scenery elements and not a full add on scenery produced by a team dedicated to that one airport.  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline ckopnuo-67

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 02:24:59 AM »
I want to give an updated AFCAD from AIG and added elements of the landscape! Since version UNNT-2012 in FSX does not look like in FS2004.