Author Topic: Updated UNNT Tolmachevo  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
Re: Updated UNNT Tolmachevo
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
Hi

I want to give an updated AFCAD from AIG and added elements of the landscape! Since version UNNT-2012 in FSX does not look like in FS2004.

Ah, okay I think I understand.  This relates to your original post above where you said:

after the release of the scene UNNT many years have passed. the band 16/34 is already working. I made a small correction AFCAD - extended taxiway on the band 16/34, and added ILS according to the schemes. if this hotfix is interesting, where I can give?

The short answer is that you cannot make changes to my work and upload it anywhere.  I am quite sure you mean well and just want to help others but you could only be updating from the original afcad I released and that means that you will probably have lost elements of my original work, such as the navaids and approaches.

In addition, the copyright of the my original UNNT for FSX belongs to me and any updates to it can only be released with my permission.  Naturally, you are entirely free to make updates just for your own sim but be warned about the problems with approaches and navaids that come from making an update from the original afcad.

If you want an update to my FSX version released, you either need to wait until I update my own work (from the project file) or else make a new one yourself from scratch.   ;)

If I misunderstood what you wanted to say, my apologies and please clarify.
Best regards

Matthew

Offline ckopnuo-67

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
Yes, I took Your UNNT and means of Airport Design Editor made amendments to it connected the рулежную way to 16/34 with the main added, markings and lights on 16/34, ILS 16/34, according to schemes, and changed the NDB "EB" with 1170,0 kHz to 816,0 kHz.

Offline Tom C.

• Command Captain
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »
Yes, I took Your UNNT and means of Airport Design Editor made amendments to it connected the рулежную way to 16/34 with the main added, markings and lights on 16/34, ILS 16/34, according to schemes, and changed the NDB "EB" with 1170,0 kHz to 816,0 kHz.
:oops: not good.
Tom C.

Veni,           Vidi,        Velcro  
I came,      I saw,    I stuck around...

Once upon a time AFCAD developer!

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »

That's fine, of course, so long as you keep it only for yourself in your own sim.

Let me clarify some reasons why the copyright is so important and why I do not agree to you uploading your amendment of my file anywhere:  my UNNT is an AIG file and went through exhaustive beta testing before it was released.  Two scenarios:

1.  If you release it mentioning that it was originally my work and there is anything wrong with it, I will get complaints by e-mail - so it can damage my reputation.

2.  If you release it without mentioning that it was originally my work, you are using something that took many, many hours of my time to develop, test and improve without ackowledging that.  The changes you have made are very, very minor compared to the original development.

As it is an airport a lot of people are interested in (well over 2,000 downloads of my UNNT on Avsim.su alone) I will try to find time to update it myself.  I can't promise when that will be.   ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline ckopnuo-67

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 03:30:49 PM »
I want to give it to You for evaluation! My changes in it are very small, but they give more realism in FSX! Modified AFCAD I use only for myself and was very pleased with him - IA-traffic takes off and sits on the runway, irrespective of online weather, moves around the airport on taxiways, rooms Parking facilities, and their situation has remained the same.

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 04:42:46 PM »
I want to give it to You for evaluation! My changes in it are very small, but they give more realism in FSX!

I am glad to hear it is working well for you and of course it will be more realistic.  If I get time to make an update, I shall make it from my file with up to date charts, so thanks for your offer but I don't really get time (1 year old son) to evaluate other people's efforts.  However, if I am stuck for source material, I may ask you for help on that - mainly photos.

Rest assured, I have it on my list to update as soon as I can and I will see if Bruce can spare the time to kindly make the approaches up to date and accurately.  ;)
Best regards

Matthew