Author Topic: Editvoice pack error "Index was outside of the bounds of the array"  (Read 563 times)

Offline Danthepilot

• Command Captain
Hi Guys, getting this error everytime i try and import a callsign into FS using editvoicepack "Index was outside of the bounds of the array"

Using Windows 7, FS2004

Any help? Ideas?

Thanks guys!

Offline integral

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: Editvoice pack error "Index was outside of the bounds of the array"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:32:01 AM »
Idea : Very first thing I would check is the Operating System (Win7) numeric decimal separator in Control Panel. If it's not a dot (.) ie a comma for instance (,)
-> change it to dot.

An Index out of range/bounds exception occurs when the application expects an entry value at a specified index that doesn't exist.

Out of range Exception example for illustration purpose :
this is some data that comes in one block : 0/00:00,@0/16:10,360,F,0001,MMMX,
Now, let's split it. The expected result should look :
#1 : 0/00:00
#2 : @0/16:10
#3 : 360
#4 : F
#5 : 0001
#6 : MMMX
#7 :

But failing to split it using the correct separator (a comma in this case example) will not result in a 7 items array, but only one item :
#1 : 0/00:00,@0/16:10,360,F,0001,MMMX,
Then, trying to access the expected item at index #2 will fail, and you get an Out of range Exception.

So, the only place you would have control over an application behaviour when talking about Out of Range/Bounds Exception is the regional settings of your operating system, mainly the decimal separator (Sometimes, others linguistic settings can interfere with the normal operating of an application, but that's pretty rare)

Otherwise, consider
- corrupted installation of EditVoicePack
- corrupted datas (unlikely - you seem to have tried several EVP files)
- checking you have the latest EditVoicePack version
- running EVP as administrator
- whether windows doesn't grant File System access to EVP in a way or another (are you running it from an USB Flash ? Does the antivirus blocking EVP or part of its components ?)
^^ I know I have a lot of imagination. Perhaps it's just an actual EVP bug that needs a software fix and update; but I've never heard such kind of bug with EVP.
Finally understood how UVW Maps works. O.O

Offline Danthepilot

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 02:06:14 AM »
Hey guys, I reinstalled evp and got to import some call signs before I got the error again..

I've tried running as admin, turned off anti virus, etc.

I don't get it, I recently upgraded my mobo and video card and reinstalled windows 7 64 bit, never had this issue before...if I did I can't remember what I did to fix it.

What's weird is that it allowed me to import some call signs then after about two update voice pack runs, i got the error..

Offline regulate

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 04:07:32 AM »
That error shows up for me every once in a while when I am importing, but I think it's an issue with the particular file, not anything you are doing wrong. 
Brian Summers (KONT/ONT)
AIG Flightplans Beta Tester
Prepar3D 4.5