Author Topic: Antonov AN-124 from AIG!  (Read 6233 times)

Offline james solomon

• Command Captain
Re: Antonov AN-124 from AIG!
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »
nice stuff

I was chatting to tyresmoke earlier today and we came up with the idea that the Citation 525 is wildly used and is not modeled i could request about 2 pages of liveries if this thing was created cos theirs loads of em out there

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2008, 08:09:58 PM »
Lots of liveries but generally all variants of one another. These did attract my attention though

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6303129
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6279097

Offline Lexif

• Prop 1st Officer
    • Ultimate GA - free GA AI traffic
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »
Great to see that nice Anotonov! When I was a child, I was travelling to Greece from Hannover with my parents, and saw one kneeling at the apron across the terminal - what a sight! Though I was convinced it must have had some nose gear failure while loading, since I didn't know of the kneeling mechanism...lol!

I was chatting to tyresmoke earlier today and we came up with the idea that the Citation 525 is wildly used and is not modeled i could request about 2 pages of liveries if this thing was created cos theirs loads of em out there

As far as business jets go, there are still some big holes. Rather surprisingly, the only AI Citation I know is the 550 from Henry, allthough these aircraft are propably some of the most prolific business jets. I would espescially love to see a Citation X. Cessna aircraft would be rather easy (but boring) to do a good package off, since they extensively use Cessna-provided standard liveries...A bit like the King Air or the Beech 400. Also, I find it rather surprising that no one did the rather iconic Falcon 50 and 2000. Another set of interesting aircraft that are strangely absent are the Piper Cheyenne series, despite the great payware UI aircraft creating a lot of awareness of the type.

Offline alpet

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • Russian AI Traffic System
    • Russian AI Traffic System
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008, 06:58:22 AM »
Why? Whyyyyyyyy?  :)

Offline Lexif

• Prop 1st Officer
    • Ultimate GA - free GA AI traffic
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
By the way, just a little follow up from an FSX user...the aircraft.cfg has wing_span at a much to small value, making the parking radius in FSX 20-something meters. The correct value would be wing_span = 240.50, enabling the plane to use large cargo spots...Had a look at the takeoff roll, and it still gracefully lumbers into the air after using lots of runway. :o

Would be very easy to enable such basic FSX compatibillity right from the start.. :rollseyes: :)

Looks great in my sim, thanks again!  ::party::