Author Topic: VTBS scenery for FSX  (Read 596 times)

Offline 7474eva

• Prop Captain
VTBS scenery for FSX
« on: April 09, 2017, 11:57:49 AM »
Hey guys,

Am looking to purchase the airport scenery for VTBS. Armi Project and A_A Sceneries are the payware versions I've looked at, and have checked the comments for any issues etc, but I'm not sure which one to go for? Does anyone have either of these sceneries and if so which one would you recommend?

Many thanks.

Offline bradley27

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
Re: VTBS scenery for FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 12:45:04 PM »
I believe the A_A is the better out of the two however i dislike both.

Bangkok VTBS for me is the most desired in the entire sim for long hauls from the UK or Oz...Its either there or Hong Kong that i prefer to fly into if im using a heavy plus as a few may know i have a spot spot for Thai Airways anyway.

The Armi version is heavy on frames if i remember correctly plus it came out before the A_A version which was better visually. The terminal modelling is great hands down in the A_A version but the ramp textures and base image including the finer details are lacking for me.

BUT there isnt many mention of a Bangkok coming from the usual suspects so its either put up or shut up frankly so ill just have to go without Bangkok till one comes along from one of the more notorious vendors if ever..

I am aware of a VTBS being designed by a 3rd party that looked promising. The renders look very impressive but its the texture work and detail that will matter.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bangkok-vtbs.437097/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:47:45 PM by bradley27 »
Bradley | P3Dv4 | AIG Moderator & Flightplan Beta | FAIB Beta

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »
I have VTBS on my long term to-do-list (already WIP) . It won't be near the quality of any payware developer. But with the things I learned during my last projects I believe I can design a decent freeware version of it :stirpot:

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
Great news Kaii, looking forward for your version of VTBS  ::cheers::

In the meantime you can use VTBS by Ray Smith on AFCAD, its a great placeholder and you can utilize either the masterplan or the current layout of Survhanabumi
Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Offline 7474eva

• Prop Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I do have a big soft spot for Thai Airways and VTBS. Along with WSSS it is my go to Asian airport having flown through them both on a number of occasions. I have seen the Ray Smith afcad (all his are great) so may use that as a stop gap until a payware or decent freeware comes out!

Thanks

Offline Sloeber

• Senior Captain
  • Get you Sh** and get out!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »
I have an (older) freeware VTBS installed. While I know it's probably really outdated, it would still be better than the original.
It was originally downloaded from SiamAvsim, but the link is dead nowadays. However, a google search on the filename (vtbs2008_v11.zip) does get some hits.
The readme forbids me to upload it somewhere, but it included the authors name, and an email addy.
they are:
Jirayu Tanabodee
VTBS2008 (at) thaimail.com

Don't know if it's still functional though..
Beam me up Scotty, there's no Intelligent life down here!

Offline Sloeber

• Senior Captain
  • Get you Sh** and get out!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 11:28:09 PM »
Some screenies of this scenery.. it seems very empty btw...maybe I should install some fp's..
Beam me up Scotty, there's no Intelligent life down here!

Offline 7474eva

• Prop Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 07:32:33 AM »
I have an (older) freeware VTBS installed. While I know it's probably really outdated, it would still be better than the original.
It was originally downloaded from SiamAvsim, but the link is dead nowadays. However, a google search on the filename (vtbs2008_v11.zip) does get some hits.
The readme forbids me to upload it somewhere, but it included the authors name, and an email addy.
they are:
Jirayu Tanabodee
VTBS2008 (at) thaimail.com

Don't know if it's still functional though..

I thought this was an FS9 scenery? I had VTBS2008 on my old computer which ran FS9. Will have a look for this one on the WWW.

Thanks