Author Topic: ICE AI traffic? What is that?  (Read 756 times)

Offline charlotemay

• Prop 1st Officer
  • I have wings :)
ICE AI traffic? What is that?
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »
Ups im back again ;).
Ok i was searching on google about ai traffic.an i found out that there is ICE AI Traffic? Did somebody knows about it? As on steam forums lots good coments about it. But i still have a bad feeling about it. As they dont have own website. Only by torrents.
Every smile makes you smile 😆✈🛄🛃

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
Re: ICE AI traffic? What is that?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »
It is a freeware ai package, however i believe they use models, paints and plans without authorization with the authors/developers

Its better to set up your own ai traffic from ground up, installing ai's can be addicting  ;D
Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Offline charlotemay

• Prop 1st Officer
  • I have wings :)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 02:31:51 PM »
That was i thinking. Better do it yourself :)
Every smile makes you smile 😆✈🛄🛃

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »
ICE AI is completely illegal! No painters, modelers or flightplanmers have been asked if they want to participate in the package. And none of them have accepted! But the package is sadly still alive and a lot of people uses it, because they don't want to do the work them self!
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline robbiehfs2011

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 07:15:21 PM »
I never use ICE AI! Because of course it's illegal

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Rob

Offline atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 08:36:34 PM »
This question is like going to the PMDG forum and asking about a 747 torrent you found on the pirate bay!
ICE AI is 100% pure pirate-ware and was almost responsible for AIG closing for good some time ago.

If you want to support freeware AI authors do not, I repeat do not ever use ICE AI and keep a vigilent eye out for anyone who is using it, posting about it or promoting it.

The worst offender was D'Andre at AirDailyX who was using it, so I sent him several emails and he promised to get back to me as I asked him to stop using it and to make the public aware this was illegal and should not be supported. He never got back to me despite a number of attempts to contact him so I have no idea whether he did ever stop using it or not. I was hugely disappointed that someone so prominent in the FS community was using it, despite it widely being known as pirate-ware.

If you don't want to manually install anything, use World of AI which is completely legal and operates with full permission from all authors.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline gapeters

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 09:02:13 PM »

The worst offender was D'Andre at AirDailyX who was using it, so I sent him several emails and he promised to get back to me as I asked him to stop using it and to make the public aware this was illegal and should not be supported. He never got back to me despite a number of attempts to contact him so I have no idea whether he did ever stop using it or not. I was hugely disappointed that someone so prominent in the FS community was using it, despite it widely being known as pirate-ware.

Interesting..

Greg

Offline Frontier

• Command Captain
  • Independent flightplanner
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 09:41:05 PM »
If you don't want to manually install anything, use World of AI which is completely legal and operates with full permission from all authors.
But WoAI is barely active these days, using WoAI is getting less and less attractive to many. Don't get me wrong, I highly dislike ICE AI and I'm fully against it, however I can understand why it was created in the first place and I can even better understand why a lot of users are using it. If you want up-to-date-ish AI traffic and you don't want to install everything manually (for whatever reason) ICE AI is an attractive alternative. If WoAI was a lot more active like they once were, ICE AI probably wouldn't exist today. ;)
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

"What's next?" Check my Dispatch Status List!

Visit The Flying Carpet Hub for more flightplans and repaints

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
 I think some time ago ICE rebranded as another group that I won't name as I don't want to offer the advertising, so watch out for that as well.

I'm 100% with Garry here, the ignorance is both disgusting and disappointing. If you don't want to put in in the time to add it yourself, then use MyTraffic or UT2/UTL.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:10:18 AM by Dave YVRATC »

Offline jhaley101

• Command Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 04:13:52 PM »
Lock this thing down before it goes completely south.

JH

Offline Frentzen127

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 04:27:01 PM »
It's not all bad. It temporarily brought me back. :P

Necroposter par excellence.