Author Topic: A couple of AI issues..  (Read 393 times)

Offline Christopher Low

• Turbine 1st Officer
A couple of AI issues..
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
I noted a couple of AI issues this afternoon when I landed at London Heathrow (Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended in P3D v3.3.5).

1. The attached screenshot shows an A321 with textures that are a bit of a mess. Can anyone identify if it is an FAIB or DJC model? If it's the latter, then I don't need to worry, as I decided to remove all of my remaining DJC models after that flight. I checked all of the repaints that I had installed for both model types, but I could not identify any obvious issues.

2. An invisible AI plane landed when I was at the airport. Now, I know that a handful of models have issues in P3D, but the taxi route of this particular invisible plane was very strange. It left the runway at a proper taxiway exit, but then proceeded to move in a straight line...right through Terminal 2, across runway 27L, over the airport boundary, and into the fields/housing estate beyond!! What would make an AI aircraft do that? :o The rest of them behave perfectly normally at this airport.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:06:54 PM by Christopher Low »

Offline bumblB

• Prop Captain
Re: A couple of AI issues..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:14:27 AM »
Pretty darned sure that is an FAIB model, based on the wing fences.

I've encountered "invisible" ai before (invisible except for the lights).  In my case, this was caused by an old version of AIFP that offered to correct some detail about the airframe, and it corrupted the model.  The fact that the aircraft is wandering all over the place also points to a model error, because models converted from FS9 to FSX [and, I would guess P3D] also need to have their parking radius and bounding box reset (using RADItor).  If that is not updated after the conversion, they exhibit exactly this kind of wandering behavior.  (Essentially, the taxi path is being calculated within a multiple-kilometer wide region.)