Author Topic: Ultimate Traffic Live  (Read 1142 times)

Offline kgb007

• Prop 1st Officer
Ultimate Traffic Live
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
Hi AIG Members,

Anyone running Ultimate Traffic Live? If so, any good? Or not worth bothering with? Used UT2 for many a year, but now I just load flight plans manually, using WOAI or TTools.

Thanks and Regards

Kym

Offline hi1pie

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: Ultimate Traffic Live
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
I have it. Don't waste your money yet. Old models, old repaints and there are issues with the flight levels across the Atlantic. And there isn't a powerpack for it like there was with UT2 and the last I saw on the UTL forums is they had no intention of making one, however it 'technically' is still in beta so things might change and the concept of 'Live' traffic that emulates real world movements is a great idea. But overall for me, I was quite disappointed, it just isn't the same well refined product that UT2 was.
Adam

Offline kgb007

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »
Thanks, thought as much.

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 11:58:16 PM »
the concept of 'Live' traffic that emulates real world movements is a great idea.

Keep in mind the traffic in UTL isn't live, it's based off a schedule just like UT2 was but we don't know how old the data is. The routes it uses are the same as those used in UT2 and while they do now work over the oceans, they are far from realistic. These routes are basic plans created from the default flight planner in FSX/P3d and DO NOT incorporate RVSM altitudes.

While UTL imo is better already than UT2 was when it was released, and also much better than what MyTraffic 6 delivers it's still got some ways to go.  So far nothing comes anywhere near as close to what you get from the current freeware route.

Offline hi1pie

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 10:11:21 AM »
Yeah, thats what I meant, should've been more specific.
Adam

Offline lhpdx

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:03:47 AM »
I just purchased the UTL program and everything seems to be working smoothly except when it injects the AI traffic into the sims, they all disappears...I'm at a lost... ::fighting:: ::fighting:: :rules:

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 02:00:58 AM »
 Do you mean they show up and then disappear? Specifics man, whats going on?  :)

Offline lhpdx

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 02:03:08 AM »
Do you mean they show up and then disappear? Specifics man, whats going on?  :)

That's exactly what going on....

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 02:11:04 AM »
Wow, that is VERY odd. Have you tried their forums? I have both UT2 and UTL but I prefer the BGL way to go even though I've never had problems with either program. They are both just too quirky for me.

Offline lhpdx

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:57 AM »
Wow, that is VERY odd. Have you tried their forums? I have both UT2 and UTL but I prefer the BGL way to go even though I've never had problems with either program. They are both just too quirky for me.

I did...It was suggest that I Open UTL and go to the Configuration tab, then traffic. Make sure the 'target frame rate' slider is set to zero.   I tried this to no avail :'(..

Offline Hightower

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
New version as of June 28 2017.
http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14965&title=new-version-includes-prepar3d-v4-support

Still a beta pre release but now supports p3d v4 better. The client that is. Think the models are all still the same.