Author Topic: What is the purpose of AIG?  (Read 466 times)

Offline Clutch Cargo

• Prop 1st Officer
What is the purpose of AIG?
« on: July 17, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »
Hi there,

Though I have been active in FS since 2002 this is my first visit to the forums.  And my post topic comes from the point of view as I am aware of AIG but not quite sure what all you guys do here,  :)  I am not trying to be "snarky".  By that I know you are into AI.  Is the website for those who like to build their AI one plane at a time?  Build their own schedules? That AI is really your hobby in flight simming?

I guess when I came here I expected to see a download section of models or paints?  I come from the WOAI days but now in P3Dv4 so of  course I am looking for the best way to proceed with AI in that platform.  Are their plans/discussions for something similar with AIG? 

all the best,

Clutch

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: What is the purpose of AIG?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »
AIG started as "just another" AI group producing flightplans and model at first but soon also repaints, voicepacks and AFCAD's. All was for AI planes. WOAI have used AIG plans, models and repaints for years now.

But due to the time AIG have been around (next year it's 10 years which is really incredible looking how long many other FS developers sticks around), it has turned into the main AI forum for, at first mainly FS9 and FSX, but lately also P3D.

Today it's not just AIG work which is posted here, but also by a lot of other members who develop flightplans, repaints and models on their own. And they post it here, simply because it's here where most of the AI interested people are nowadays.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline jhaley101

• Command Captain
Re: What is the purpose of AIG?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »
Welcome Clutch, best advice is to check out all the subforums and stickies within them.    Lots to offer here to run hand in hand with the paints and plans. 

JH