Author Topic: AI Separation for P3Dv4  (Read 695 times)

Offline UniformAlpha

• Turbine 2nd Officer
AI Separation for P3Dv4
« on: September 28, 2019, 04:06:21 PM »
Hi
I'm using AI Separation quite a lot. Besides some annoying bugs, I noticed, that the airport database is quite old (airports_FS2004.csv).
Is somebody using it as well and has a newer version of that airport database?

Offline vladik_p

• Turbine 1st Officer
Re: AI Separation for P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 11:21:14 PM »
Hi
I'm using AI Separation quite a lot. Besides some annoying bugs, I noticed, that the airport database is quite old (airports_FS2004.csv).
Is somebody using it as well and has a newer version of that airport database?
I had the same question for some time, but after making an extensive google/forums/avsim search I understood, that there is NOTHING newer.

Offline aussieh

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 04:42:41 AM »
I don't use AI Separation however I just downloaded it and had a look at the data contained within "airports_FS2004.csv"

All 3 of those columns of data seem to match that found in the r4.csv file. I can't recall if it comes with P3D (have a look in the the P3D base folder where ever you have that installed)  but I know Pete Dowson's "makerunways" tool definitely creates that file (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html).

It would obviously need some adjusting to match the information.

I haven't tried or tested it so it would be at your own risk. Just something I noted.
Regards, Haydn

Offline vladik_p

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
And I also noticed, that in some airports AI Separation is not working. It says connected, but then says program error. If you move to different airport it works fine.
I think it has to do with those entries.

Offline Mark Fox

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
Vladik,

I have found that if you are receiving an error at a specific airport, replace the asterisk (*) with the ICAO code for the airport you are interested in. I usually have an "error in program" at O'Hare Airport. I replace the (*) with KORD (capitalize all the letters in the code).

Personally, I thick that AI Sep gets overwhelmed at places like KORD...so many airports within AI Sep's boundaries (perhaps a 100NM radius?) like Midway, Palwuakee, KCGX (if installed), Gary, etc. that it fails to error mode. AT least it doesn't CTD.

FWIW, I use AI Sep on my networked computer that runs ASN. I am on P3D V4.5 HF1.

Mark
Mark

Offline vladik_p

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »
Vladik,

I have found that if you are receiving an error at a specific airport, replace the asterisk (*) with the ICAO code for the airport you are interested in. I usually have an "error in program" at O'Hare Airport. I replace the (*) with KORD (capitalize all the letters in the code).

Mark, the * is there. Still "error".

Offline UniformAlpha

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »
Yeah I get this Error in program message as well. But I found out that it switches to error, if an aircraft is around, that is heading to an unknown airport (SEQM, OTHH, ..).
The r4.csv is some kind of that information AI separation needs right. But editing through 56000 rows of data is really annoying.