Author Topic: Non-Pushback for AI aircraft  (Read 1266 times)

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Non-Pushback for AI aircraft
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:20:04 PM »
Well. I don't know how to explain this simple. But I'll try.

I can remember that the AFCAD for FS2004 has an oppertunity to get parked aircraft moved forward and turning instead of pushing back. But how it was I can't remember. Can anyone help?
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Capa

• Turbine Captain
  • Semper JBAI
Re: Non-Pushback for AI aircraft
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
If I remember correctly, it was called the plumbing method. I was something to do with seperating incoming and outcoming traffic as well, there used to be a walkthrough on the old pai site, but it looks like its gone. Couldn't find anything on Google unfortunately.
If the helpdesk thinks your question is stupid, we will set you on fire.

Offline cattz

• Command Captain
    • Longsite
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
The best people to contact are Norman Dean at: UK2000 scenery www.uk2000scenery.org.uk  (he did the afcad for London City where the AC turn and face out) or Reggie Fields at: www.world-of-ai.com  who should also know.
A tired painter who tried really ought to retire!
A project very close to my heart: http://www.woolverstonewish.org.uk/

Jet lag? - Prop up your sim. www.longsite.co.uk for repaint links.

Offline HankyPanky

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »
Yes, one way is "plumbing" or also called "drive through parking", correct. Means (to say it simple  :D):

Using the AFCAD tool:
- You have one taxi network from the parking spots outbound only connected to the starting positions
- And a second, totally separated and independent taxi network, that connects the runway outlets with the parking spots inbound
- Disadvantage: As these networks are not connected to each other, aircraft will drive through each other, as ATC is seeing them no longer on the same taxi network.

A different method is to manually decompile and edit the AFD BGL, and use the SDK parameters. I've done this for MegaEDDF at release. But has also a great disadvantage: If one modifies this AFD again with the AFCAD tool, all these additional parameters are gone forever, as AFCAD has no knowledge of them.
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM

Some are straightforward, and others are tied to mother's apron strings.. I like the straightforward ones and am in with good terms.

Nunc est bibendum ..