Author Topic: AI Packages  (Read 912 times)

Offline emb190jb

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Ignite-AI
AI Packages
« on: August 10, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
Hey Forum,

If someone wanted to create an airline AI package like those by WOAI, how would the process begin. I assume, you need permission from the flightplan creator, the painter, model makers, and who else?

Andrew

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
Re: AI Packages
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »
Hi Andrew

That should cover it I think, unless you want to include other elements, such as Afcads, Voicepacks and so on..  In which case, you need the permission of the people who made them..

What have you got in mind ?  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline emb190jb

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Ignite-AI
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »
I want to start some AI packages, like WOAI. I know, i'm all over the place these days. But it would be a good experience, and I'll probably use a lot of my paints in them. I am not sure what airline to make. What airline package is in high demand that WOAI hasn't done yet?

Offline HankyPanky

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:55:54 PM »
Pls be so kind and program your installer in a way that he recognize already installed models  ;)

But the better way would be to join WoAI or (the rests of) PAI and publish your packages there. Just my two cents  8)

Or does the community really need a third variant of installer and individual and incompatible standards?
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM

Some are straightforward, and others are tied to mother's apron strings.. I like the straightforward ones and am in with good terms.

Nunc est bibendum ..

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:10:34 PM »
What airline package is in high demand that WOAI hasn't done yet

..every airline they have not issued a package for yet..   ;D

Andrew, I appreciate you observed this yourself, but you have been getting lots of commendations lately here for the big improvement in your repaints and you have really taken the advice you have been given - which is great, good to see somebody using the forums that way.

Then you are suddenly trying to model a JS31, then suddenly switch to modelling a luggage cart and now you want to set up as an alternative WOAI..

It's great to make a contribution to the community - and you're way ahead of me in this regard - but you don't have to contribute in all areas at the same time..   ::)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:24:57 PM by Hornets Nest »
Best regards

Matthew

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:19:23 PM »
Better to be a master of one trade than a jack of all. I have ambitions of modelling but I know my limitations. It took me a long time to start painting from planning and even now I still find planning alot easier and many in the past have labelled me as one of the better planners, this I believe is because I mastered the art before trying my hand elsewhere, even now though I still learn new stuff about planning both from other authors and also on my own. Take your time, get good in one and then branch out, do too much and you'll get a name for yourself but it won't be the one you want. readytogo

Offline emb190jb

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Ignite-AI
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
Better to be a master of one trade than a jack of all. I have ambitions of modelling but I know my limitations. It took me a long time to start painting from planning and even now I still find planning alot easier and many in the past have labelled me as one of the better planners, this I believe is because I mastered the art before trying my hand elsewhere, even now though I still learn new stuff about planning both from other authors and also on my own. Take your time, get good in one and then branch out, do too much and you'll get a name for yourself but it won't be the one you want. readytogo

WOW, that was really well said. You are right Ben. I have to commit myself to one thing, two at max. I'm gonna paint, and meanwhile experiment with modelling.

Offline benclark

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
    • www.realbigtree.com
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:03:57 PM »
I may suck right now in making personal life choices but I'm wise in other areas, sincerely The Sage  ;)

Offline snauffal

• AIG Dispatch
  • Turbine Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 12:56:16 AM »
I'm determined to lose weight. lol.