Author Topic: OK! I am confused?  (Read 981 times)

Offline pomak249

• Prop 1st Officer
OK! I am confused?
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »
Just joined you guys but I am a bit confused? Where exactly do I download the aircraft and flightplans from?  ???

Cheers
Mick

Offline sharklet_a319

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
Re: OK! I am confused?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:20:41 AM »
Which kind of sim are you using?

Offline pomak249

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 10:21:51 AM »
Hi Chris

FSX SP2 on Windows10 mate - been using WoAI lately

Mick

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 11:23:11 AM »
For FSX there is only the option to install manually, using the program AIFP(AI Flight Planner), a freeware program.

If you know how to install repaints and models from i.e. Avsim, then you know a lot already, regarding installing the AI models and repaints for these.

Flightplans can be found on this forum (AIG Announcements) or on our FTP: https://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/Flightplans/

Models and repaints is a bit harder as they are not all on one site (avsim or flightsim.com), but on many sites now. But you should be able to find them (and actually you already have many of them because of WOAI. Yup. WOAI uses many of the models you'll need to get started.

Another option regarding models is to use FLAI. It's a mix between 2 AI packages for VATSIM, where the user would get the models and some repaints to be able to populate the AI skies, using a few programs.

But the models will work without being used in VATSIM. So it might be an idea to download that package and install them. Then you are covered. Maybe not perfectly, butfine for most people.

Installing repaints can be done manually (if you know how to install a repaint that you have downloaded from i.e. AVSIM). Otherwise AIFP can in many cases install the paints for you.

There are no real good tutorial on how to install the plans.

But this user on YouTube have what seems to be a good tutorial on how to install AI using AIFP:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzgGrQ3RPcl3kgNXgn5WHg
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline KPryor

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »
Glad to see this topic come up. I've been out of the FS world for quite a while and starting to get back into it. I have FSX Steam and wanted to update from my ancient AI from the last 10 years or so.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 03:06:28 PM by KPryor »

Offline pomak249

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »
Thanks for all the info Johan much appreciated

Offline KPryor

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 03:38:40 PM »
My thanks as well. It took a while, but I got 3 airlines and one corporate schedule installed yesterday. Thank you for the helpful and advice and thanks to pomak249 for starting this thread in the first place. I've discovered I forgot a lot of stuff about all this and have to relearn it.