Author Topic: Dev Diary  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Dev Diary
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »
Hey Guys

we have mainly focused the development on bug fixes since the release. With AIM running now more and more stable we have stared to collect new ideas for the upcomming releases (0.8.x and 0.9). In this topic we will upload previews and inforamtion from time to time during the development.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: Dev Diary
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »
Dev Diary

Version: 0.8.4.0
Release: tbd

Features:
  • Self repair function for OCI flightplan Database
  • Added ICAo Code for OCI flightplans to user interface
  • UI Improvments
  • New Startup screen

Startup Screen

For a later date we have some more ideas related to the startup screen.

Thats for today :stirpot:

Offline dumpfbacke1411

• Prop Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
Hello AIG developer,

that looks really good. Keep it up.
And above all, thank you for your great work.
When is this Version0.8.4.0 coming? I am running 0.8.3.16.
Can not Hardly Wait.

Have a nice Sunday

Offline dumpfbacke1411

• Prop Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
Update made and running. Perfect.   :yeah: Thank you.
You are perfect

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »
Dev Diary

Version: 0.9.0.0

Features:
  • Traffic Viewer (Airport Timetable)
  • Cookie-Management
  • more..

Traffic Viewer
This feature will be V4 only. It will show the user on a selected airport the airport-timetable with all departures and arrivales of the day. Live Traffic will be merged into the data and shown with information from the simulator. (Preview-Shot is WIP  :stirpot:)

Cookie-Management
In 0.9 we will introduce a better way to set and update your cookies for the AIG-Forum, AVSIM and Flightsim.

more..
We do have some more things on our list, but not ready to show or post anything about it yet :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 04:49:10 PM by Kaiii3 »

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »
Dev Diary

Traffic Viewer

Today we will get a bit more detailed about the Timetable AIM will get in 0.9.

The data for the timetable are collected from the BGLs loaded on the AIM startup. AIM will use the SimConnect interface to get the Sim-Time as well as all Simulation-Objects directly from the sim. Based on the current date a list of all Flights at the selected Airport for the current day will be generated and injected to the timetable. In a following step all current Simulation Objects (AI Aircrafts) will be check for a match with a Timetable entry. If such a match is found the entry will be linked to the aircraft and is getting insim-information.

The iamges are showing the current state in the development (not all features fully added yet)!

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
Dev Diary

Features:

• Traffic Viewer (Live (v4 only) and Static)
  • Improved manual installtion of flightplans
  • Improved payware model management
  • Improved cookie management
  • Improved loading process
  • Move of OCI directory

Traffic Viewer

As shown in the last DevDiary AIM 0.9 will have a airport timetable it comes in 2 versions. One as "offline" timetable visible in the Airport overview and the other as "online" timetable containing the information from the BGL files merged with the live-data from Prepar3Dv4.

Manual installtion

The manual installtion from the first ever released AI Manager has been reworked and includes now features we had implemented with OCI. The UI has been updated and is now more user friendly.

Payware-Management

Users have now the option to select specific payware models they want to use. The "freeware-only"-Option is still selectable and will override all other settings.

Cookie-Management

The UI now shows directly which cookie is valid or need to be set again.

Loading process
AI Manager 0.9 will add the functionality of collecting Sceneries and SimObjects for all Simulators (FSX-P3Dv4). Users of FSX-P3Dv3 are no longer requiered to set the SImObject-/Scenery-Paths in AIM.

Move OCI-Directory
Some users requested an option to move the OCI-Directory to a different location. This feature has been added in 0.9 and will allow the user to move the whole OCI-Addon to a new directoy without editing the files later by the user. All paths will be rewritten by AIM during the process.

Thats it for today and we hope that you will enjoy the new features when AIM 0.9 will be released as an "open"-Beta. 0.8 was for us a "closed"-Beta and an initall test of OCI. Having OCI now working without major problems on nearly all systems and getting feedback that it is far better then any other software (inlc. payware) has proven us that it is now time to get AIM and OCI to even more users around the globe.  :)

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
Dev Diary

Version: 1.0.0.0

Features:

• AIGPLN-Traffic
  • New Models
  • More..

AIGPLN-Traffic

Version 1.0 of AIM will support the new AIGPLN file-format for OCI installtions and manual-installtions on a P3Dv4-System. No User is forced to use the new AIGPLN-File together with AIGTC, AIM can compile all AIGPLN-Files in a BGL file.

New Models

Since some models that we need for OCI and P3Dv4 are only available in the ORBX-Trafficpack we will provide a way to get these Models for OCI. To do this, the user needs to install the ORBX AI Pack run a collector in AIM that will save the needed files for later OCI-Installtions. After that the user can remove the ORBX-Pack again or can let it on the system. Users having the ORBX-Back already installed can use this feature as well.

More..

There are still some big points on my TODO-List that I will show you at a later date :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:09:54 PM by Kaiii3 »

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
Dev Diary

Version: 1.X

Features:

• ATC Voicepacks

ATC Voicepacks

So far it has not been possbile for OCI to add ATC Callsign to the GVP-File of Prepar3D directly, users have to use EVP (for FSX freeware, for P3D payware) to add them. For AIM 1.X we are planing to change that. AIM will directly modify the GVP file of Prepar3D to insert the new callsigns. If this feature will be part of the initial AIM 1.0 release is not sure at the moment, it may be included in f of the first updates :)

Offline Tirithon

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • MAIW Staff
    • Military AI Works
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 11:23:38 AM »
AIM will directly modify the GVP file of Prepar3D to insert the new callsigns.
Very cool. It's something I've also been looking into but never managed to figure out. I'd be very interested if this could also be part of a library that I can include in Matrix for military callsigns.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
15th June 2020: Dev Diary
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 04:35:29 PM »
Dev Diary

Version: 1.0

Features:

• Airports
  • ATC Voicepacks

Airports

While working on the new AI Helicopter feature in AIGTC, we decided to add them to OCI as well. At first this was not possbile because many new Helipads and modified Airports were needed for the new Helicopters and AIM was not able to install suce scenery files - untill now. AIM 1.0 OCI will feature a new AFD Downloader/Installer that will be able to install the needed files automatically to your system. For the start we have limited this feature to the very basic, a assigned AFD will only be installed if:
  • The Airport was not installed (not even default)
  • Only the default Airport is currently installed

By limiting the installer to this we make sure no custom AFD will be overruled by the AIGAIM Addon.

ATC Voicepacks

We can now confirm that AIM 1.0 will come with a GVP Installer and the option to disable it for EVP Users.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:42:00 PM by Kaiii3 »

Offline EvpAuthor

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 06:02:09 PM »
Too bad I missed your plan to add support for callsigns, and you didn't reach out to me.

EditVoicepack have had an API for quite a while. Would need a bit of work but nothing serious (some changes to .NET Framework currently restricts it from working with the free EditVoicepack - but that can be solved, if nothing else with a new release of the free EditVoicepack).

It would have allowed you to ship callsigns (and aircraft models etc of course) with your own software in a way that are compatible with EditVoicepack and other addons.

i.e. users without EditVoicepack would get your callsigns. Users with EditVoicepack would get the callsigns, and maintain the functionality of EditVoicepack to accelerate and add variations.

Should have been a win win win:
You would not have to distribute wave files and deal with installing.
I would not have to deal with the support questions from people who accidentally install your files.
And the users would get something that worked no matter if they use EditVoicepack or other addons - instead of having to choose.

:oops: