Author Topic: Narrowing down FPS hit P3D v4.4  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
Re: Narrowing down FPS hit P3D v4.4
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 05:19:29 AM »
So if I set all my percentages to 50%. Modify the ones that I want to 75%, then set the Traffic slider to 50%..Those 75% aircraft will not show up only the 50%. Correct?

To make it simple just go 10% to 11% and set the bar to 10%

Make it simple and use random 0-100% in your plans and then set your traffic slider to whatever you prefer and what works in your system.  Then if you have the slider at 60%, then only those aircraft from 0-60% will show up. From there you can tweak it the way you want. Specific aircraft or airline that you want to see at a particular airport or just more of compared to the others then set that to a lower %.

Offline hawaiianair25

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 05:41:10 AM »
Thanks ben and dave. thank u lots. and yes to bens answer. as flightplanner creators, why not set the plans random not all 1% especially if its bogging down on peoples system. Just alone SWA, UAL, DAL, AAL, ASA and all the regional planes for those airline companies is enough to bog anyones system down big time. That's only 5 carriers i referred to only. crazy

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 03:00:09 PM »
 Randomizing the traffic prior to compiling has always been in my process of adding/updating plans. Same with using the OCI,  once installed I go through each of them and randomize the %'s.

Offline unc1rlm

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 11:18:12 AM »
Is there a way to bulk randomize. I must have 100 bgl's in p3dv4 scenery/world etc and then of course those in aig-oci set up on a different partition from simobjects.. or does AIG-OCI automatically randomize?
I LOVE the traffic but it bringing my 1080ti/orbx and 7700K to a grinding halt :)

I just say a post by Kaii3 about maybe adding a feature to agi-oci to do that but in the mean time.

Warmest and Bestest,
Hakuna Matata...lol

Bob M... ::goofy::
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:21:31 AM by unc1rlm »

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »
 As of now Bob, there's no way to bulk randomize, it's one by one. That's why it's good to get on it early and then as you go. I've got over 1100 of them (used to also have many hundreds of AI ship bgls but I removed those for troubleshooting ctd's) and they are all randomized.

Offline PretendPilot

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 09:55:20 PM »
Would be great to randomize, but still keep any special liveries, logojets, etc. set to 1% so those will always display.  Always special to arrive into an airport and see the rare birds.

Offline ath63

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 12:40:42 AM »
I always randomize the big carriers, except for norway (norwegian, SAS, etc). In my small part of the world airline traffic can safely be 100% all the time, without fps loss at all. Found 80% (for the big hubs) on the slider works well. A little above and it starts to stutter.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:42:16 AM by ath63 »

Offline Jorgen

• Turbine Captain
  • Retired computer backup hardware tech
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »
The thing is, and this is regardless of whether your simulator is FSX or P3D, every time you start the simulator it has to go through each and every line in all your AI aircraft's aircraft.cfg files, sequentially, line by line. This takes a lot of time.

What you can do for this issue is this:

1. Use AIFP to eliminate superfluous AI repaints and their entries in the aircraft.cfg files, and

2. Use AIAE to eliminate AI-superfluous lines in the remaining aircraft.cfg files. Martin is working on improving this part of AIAE.

This is not to say that the scenery does not play into the loading times, far from it. But the above has helped me reduce loading times.

Jorgen

Offline unc1rlm

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 08:47:45 PM »
Would you explain this. Little scared of AIAE because I have removed some textures and the corresponding [fltsim] only to have a totally blank cfg when done.

use AIFP to eliminate superfluous AI repaints and their entries in the aircraft.cfg files.

Thank you,
BobM.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:32:40 AM by unc1rlm »