Author Topic: P3D Textures look jaggy despite AA being on max setting  (Read 535 times)

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
P3D Textures look jaggy despite AA being on max setting
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »
I have a fairly high end system but when I load up my sim my textures aren't looking good at all. I use AI Manager to install my AI and the textures and everything are installing fine it's just when i load up the sim they look a bit poor. I have a sneaky feeling it's my graphics settings in Nvida Control Panel ( i have attached a screenshot as to what these currently are) but I'm at a loss really. Some other guys on this forum when they post screenshots there textures look really nice and crisp, the Jet2 paint in one of my screenshots looks really nice, crisp and HD and it looks great but the others, not so much. I'm kinda at a loss really.

P.S sorry for the screenshots
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:21:36 PM by Musician_89 »
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
Re: P3D Textures look jaggy despite AA being on max setting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 03:17:39 PM »
What are your AntiAlias setting set at in P3d? Do you use Nvidia Inspector as well for enhanced AA features such as SGAA?

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 03:32:56 PM »
In P3D my AA settings is 8xSSSA, my texture filtering is Anisotropic x16

I've also attached a link showing my Nvidia Inspector settings https://img.techpowerup.org/190414/nvidia-20190414-163223.png
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.

Offline jhaley101

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:52:43 PM »
The link only shows the main Inspector Screen, you need to to select Prepar3d from the pulldown "Profiles".  I was going to suggest clicking on the small icon to the right of your driver version.  That's how you used to be able to access the profiles.   You then make the fine adjustments  and then click on Apply changes at the top right.   Have you done that?

I'm not certain, but you may have problems as that appears to be a much older version of Inspector. 

I'm running 2.1.3.20.   

Here' a link:

http://gex.flight1.net/forumimages/nvidiaProfileInspector_v2.1.3.20.zip

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:01:09 PM by jhaley101 »

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:04:26 PM »
I don't know what each thing means in the drop down menu. I've never used Profile Inspector before so I'm new at it. Do you have a screenshot or anything of what your settings are in Profile Inspector and I can just copy them?

Offline jhaley101

• Command Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »
Let me point you here:   

https://www.simforums.com/forums/nvi-w7810-driver-setup-fsx-fsxse-and-p3d-update_topic59954.html

It's a bit long, but an informative read.   AND there is a section that speaks specifically to Inspector setup and will walk you through and explain changes. 

Understand that there are all kinds of variations based on systems and personal preference.   

JH

Offline unc1rlm

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »
Can you make a recommendation?
If you are in the market to purchase a new monitor or TV for use with Flight Simulator (any version) be sure to purchase one that has full support for both 60Hz and 30Hz inputs @ 1080p (or above if that is what you wish to run)
You will be fully covered by selecting a monitor or TV that supports both of those refresh rates.

Single monitor or TV...34-42"   I'd go blind looking at a 55"  ::goofy::   btw I have windows 10...p3dv4.5...gtx 1080ti and maybe a second for SLI? (if and when the price comes down..they are absolutely insane right now)

Thank you,
BobM

Offline jhaley101

• Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 09:33:00 PM »
My main flight simulator television is a 55 inch Samsung QLED.   Purchased it last September.   

3840 X 2160   60hz - supports 30hz. 

Tried many different sizes, curved screens etc.    Absolutely ADORE the QLED.     

Reviewed

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q6fn-q6-q6f-qled-2018

When I first started using televisions, I wasn't sure how quality and sitting so close would work.    I'm only about a foot and a half away from the "Q", no headaches, no sickness, no adverse effects (ok maybe my optometrist, wife and pyschologist would disagree)   ::ashamed::  Wonderful immersion.   I also have the 1080ti as part of a system built by Jetline systems.     A very happy simmer right now.   I'm flanked on my left by a 50 inch sony which is used for all my client programs, STB, AS, flightplanner etc.      It's networked to the 48 inch television on my right so that I can use that only for moving map.    Surrounded by large televisions, life is wonderful.   

I have found that 60+ inches is just too large, but again - I'm sitting awfully close.    I've thought about a home cockpit, but how on earth would I do all my AI work?   Would I have to abandon that?   Not gonna happen.    Key is to find a place that allows you to return the television in 30 days without issue if you're not happy.   Best Buy does that, and I've purchased and returned lots without a single issue. 

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:48:05 PM by jhaley101 »

Offline unc1rlm

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:34:35 AM »
 ::surprise::

Thank you so much for sharing...now I will have to go to my psychiatrist just to cope with what you have..:)

happy Flying and AIGing.

Bestest,
BobM.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:38:32 PM by unc1rlm »

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »
Let me point you here:   

https://www.simforums.com/forums/nvi-w7810-driver-setup-fsx-fsxse-and-p3d-update_topic59954.html

It's a bit long, but an informative read.   AND there is a section that speaks specifically to Inspector setup and will walk you through and explain changes. 

Understand that there are all kinds of variations based on systems and personal preference.   

JH

Thanks for that link. I'll give it a read when I have spare time.