Author Topic: Any chance to reduce the traffic density ?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline hkhoanguyen

• Prop 1st Officer
Any chance to reduce the traffic density ?
« on: May 01, 2019, 04:33:45 AM »
Hi,
Great job for AIG,

But i just have one question, how can I or is there any possible way to reduce the traffic density, mine is set at 1% and there is like full traffic on the ground,

Thank you guys

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: Any chance to reduce the traffic density ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:01:43 AM »
In the settings of AIM you can set min and max values. The compiler will use a random value between them

Offline hkhoanguyen

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 07:06:35 AM »
In the settings of AIM you can set min and max values. The compiler will use a random value between them

Thanks

What are values that you suggest to set to ? I tried to set 1  - 100 but then I set the traffic slider in P3D to 10 for example I don't see any Lufthansa AI (  I tested in EDDF), just have them when I set the slider higher than 55

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 07:16:20 AM »
you can see the values in the AIM-Log after each compiling. Since it is random You can only try. 0.9 will contain a better way of handling with random values so you might want to wait some more days

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 03:43:15 PM »
 I still use AIFP to randomize the traffic files as so far AIM which is set to 1-99 will set them all the same percentage.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:09:26 PM by Dave YVRATC »

Offline unc1rlm

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 04:40:14 PM »
Well since we are talking about this..question. If you go in and select a particular paint that you want to show up and you highlight the plan that aircraft uses...and you select 1% so it show up pretty much always..and you save and compile...when the next plan comes out the work that you have done is lost..Any way around that? According to johanfrc...it is lost.

Thank you,
BobM.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »
Well since we are talking about this..question. If you go in and select a particular paint that you want to show up and you highlight the plan that aircraft uses...and you select 1% so it show up pretty much always..and you save and compile...when the next plan comes out the work that you have done is lost..Any way around that? According to johanfrc...it is lost.

Thank you,
BobM.

each FP is a seperate process in AIM. We current are not saving the "old" value.

I still use AIFP to randomize the traffic files as so far AIM witch is set to 1-99 will set them all the same percentage.

can you provide me the log file.

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain

Offline hkhoanguyen

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »
I still use AIFP to randomize the traffic files as so far AIM which is set to 1-99 will set them all the same percentage.

So you use AIFP to "Update activity levels in traffic files" and set 1-99 ? after that did you also set a new value (or same value of 1-99) in AIG Settings ? or keep it as default min 1 and max 1 ?

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 07:01:31 PM »
 For me, it doesn't matter as the randomizer in AIM doesn't work (in its current state). Once a plan is installed I'll open AIFP and randomize it there.

Offline hkhoanguyen

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 07:10:51 PM »
For me, it doesn't matter as the randomizer in AIM doesn't work (in its current state). Once a plan is installed I'll open AIFP and randomize it there.

Great, it works for me, thanks a lot, btw could you explain me how i can add manually a new airline like Cargolux for example in AIG ? Thanks

Offline alpha117

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 06:34:32 AM »
You could use FSUIPC 'AI Traffic Limit' ;)

Offline andyorbit

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 08:23:48 AM »
Hi there, this is a wonderful tool but I'm trying to reduce traffic levels as well and hitting a wall somewhere.
UK2000 EGLL, the airport is full of traffic. Low fps (13), so perhaps reducing some AI might help.
AIM flightplans setting tab is set 1-99, but the slider in P3D traffic doesn't seem to have any effect apart from 0 where everything disappears. 1-100 gives same amount of traffic:full.
FSUIPC traffic limiter can't reduce the traffic either..

what am I doing wrong?

thanks,

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 08:57:38 PM »

AIM flightplans setting tab is set 1-99, but the slider in P3D traffic doesn't seem to have any effect apart from 0 where everything disappears. 1-100 gives same amount of traffic:full.
FSUIPC traffic limiter can't reduce the traffic either..

Was any of your traffic installed before the AIM had the randomize function?  Try opening a few of those traffic files (whatever airlines you are seeing the most of when your traffic is set at a low setting) with AIFP and see what they are actually set at.

Offline andyorbit

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:10 PM »
Thanks Dave, yes, nearly all traffic was installed with the default values. This tool has changed my flying experience, it’s great and simple, but recently I’ve been flying out of major hubs and would like to trim some traffic, eg British airways out of EGLL.

I’m a bit new to this - how do I open the files and what should I do? Is AIFP part of AIM?

Cheers,