Author Topic: Manual Installation (Tutorial) - unoffical  (Read 15968 times)

Offline mjl1966

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: Manual Installation (Tutorial) - unoffical
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2021, 02:54:00 AM »
What manual?  Where?  I have heard many references to an 81-page manual and yet I can't find it anywhere.  Have looked high and low in the zip file and used search here on the boards.  .. where is it?

Offline airernie

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
Fortunately it's only 21-pages and the download link is at the bottom of the first message in this thread.

Ernie

Offline vertigo83

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2021, 07:02:04 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm usig FSX steam edition. Apparently I've got some issue when installing the AI models.. Well, actually I didn't manage to install them at all. I've downloaded the files and copied them into the SimObject folder, however when clicking on "install" the drop-down window is empty.
Attached is a screenshot of what I mean, for easier understanding.

Thanks a lot for your help!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:05:50 AM by vertigo83 »

Offline airernie

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2021, 04:48:03 PM »
Did you specify the SimObjects folder in the Tool -> Settings -> Flight Simulator (tab) ? 

If not be sure to add the full path.  It should end with the folder where you are storing you AI aircraft.

Also make sure that the AI aircraft has a aircraft.cfg file in the folder.  Some of the models converted to FSX models don't and you need to add it from the original FS9 model.

Offline vertigo83

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2021, 06:49:05 PM »
thank you airernie!

I've managed, although for some reasons not all installed models appear in the list.. I'll figure it out, your help was much appreciated  :) :) :)

Offline vertigo83

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2021, 12:53:58 PM »
Well, I've managed to install most of the models, just a few adjustments here and there. It took a while and now I'm eager to take it to the sky, so for now I've deactivated the aircraft's shadows as I think there's some compatibility issue. Too tired now to try to fix that as well, therefore I'll keep it as it is at least for now! Time to fly! thanks a lot for your help  :) :) :)

Offline airernie

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »
you're welcome.  best of luck..