Main Menu

Install Airlines by Airport

Started by eXpress48, May 18, 2019, 11:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eXpress48

Just a little suggestion, it would be great if we could install airlines based on the Airports they fly to. Right now we have this huge airline list where we have to manually pick the Airlines that we want to install. Of course we could just install all the Airlines though..

As an example, we could enter the ICAO Code of the Airport (e.g. LSZH) and AIG outputs all the Airlines that fly to or from this Airport with the Option to Bulk Install them. :)

johanfrc

That's going to be a huge task which might not even be possible to do.

Try to thing that everytime a flightplan is released you have to update a database where all alirlines flying to that airport is listed. And then you'll miss all those that aren't made at all, or that hadn't been iodated yet.

I can only imagine how much work it will be.
Regards

Johan Clausen

eXpress48

I was just thinking because the "view" seems to be already there.

AIM -> Airports -> Show Airpots --> Enter ICAO --> Detailed Information -> Airlines

However, I'm not a programmer and I don't know what it would take to code this. As said, just a suggestion :)

Kaiii3

alsomost impossbie. All Information yu see are comming from a file inside the ZIP archive of the flightplan. The Information for install an airline are based on the AIG Filename and nothing more

eXpress48

ava_ati

What about doing a (using excell terminology) do a vlookup https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airlines_of_the_United_States on at least the operating cariers then adding another header in the "online flightplans" window with a country. I don't suspect too many Americans would be looking to install Aircraft that only operate in Africa or Europe and vise versa

sharklet_a319

Well aside of there are not only people who are just flying on their own continent.  ;)

It's quite easy to find out. In wikipedia you will find a list of airlines oerating at a certain airport.

Otherwise we publish maps for all AIG flightplans in the release threads. Where you will find all routes and quickly find which country an airline flies to.  :)

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=30092.0