Author Topic: Tools, Traffic Explorer not right in V4  (Read 511 times)

Offline russodell

• Command Captain
Tools, Traffic Explorer not right in V4
« on: May 21, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
Has anyone noticed that Traffic explorer in v4 isn't working like it should?  If you remove a column, you can't get it back and good luck adding a column when you right click and "check" a new one. 

Offline rke

• Senior Captain
Re: Tools, Traffic Explorer not right in V4
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 07:14:51 PM »
Oddly enough, it was working just fine for me in 4.4 - but in 4.5 it's completely broken.

Offline jabloomf1230

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »
Im not sure why one would want to use the built-in P3d4 Traffic Explorer, when there are so many good freeware alternatives. Little NavMap shows AI aircraft on a much nicer background map. AI Companion has a live view with a lot more information. Even AIG Manager has a live list of AI aircraft.

But anyway, here's one thing that you can try. Every time that LM issues a minor update, the P3d4 SDK is updated also. The SDK contains the new Traffic Toolbox DLL. You might want to check whether you have a version mismatch between P3d4 itself and the DLL which is located here if you have the SDK installed:

G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK {version number}\World\Traffic\TrafficToolbox

The add-on.xml file is located here also, but that probably doesn't change from version to version.

Then again, it could just be a bug in the Traffic Explorer.  :'(

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »
 I also like using Traffic Toolbox for its simplicity. I don't want a map, I just want the list of AI that includes what file each is coming from as well as it's current location or phase and parking code and radius. Something that until now all I have needed was the SDK and not another app to install. There's no mismatch otherwise it wouldn't show up at all in the sim, it's a known bug that LM is looking into.

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 01:12:42 AM »
Did anyone solve the problem of TE not seem in 4.5HF?
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-6700k@4.7 Stable OC, Z170 DELUXE, GTX980Ti-6GB, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB EVO850 SSD, Wi7-64b
P3D V4