Author Topic: Manual Installation (Tutorial) - unoffical  (Read 14276 times)

Offline stro19

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: Manual Installation (Tutorial) - unoffical
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 01:56:00 AM »
Has anyone been able to get AIM ERJ 145XR to appear in P3D V4.5 correctly. The AIM 135,140 and 145 appear just fine.  I even have the AIM 145 in PBR working correctly.  I have tried a number of ways to get the AIM ERJ 145XR to appear correctly. It appears invisible, or with just the tail or I get the body with no tail or landing gear. I got the AIM ERJ liveries from KYLE'S AI WORKS.
SaintJoe KIAH

Offline airernie

• Prop Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 01:06:29 PM »
agro146 and Booman443;  I did the tutorial, but didn't have FSX:SE installed.  I would like to run some tests, but can I ask you what you setup is in terms of FSX:SE?

Is FSX:SE the only version of FSX installed or are you running a dual installation with FSX:SE and FSX?   

In either case, what is the path and name for your FSX:SE executable?  I would guess that in a single installation the executable would be fsx.exe and a dual it would be fsxse.exe, but may be wrong.  As for the path; I'm not sure what it would be in a dual installation, but in a single I'm guessing 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X'.

I plan on installing FSX:SE on my laptop for testing, but it would be a virgin FSX:SE installation, so that might influence the outcome.

Thanks, Ernie

Offline Booman443

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 03:35:46 PM »
For what it's worth I appear to have solved my issue. The .bgl files were getting loaded OK into the /scenery file however the aircraft models I was putting in SimObjects/AI Aircraft... I had to go find the FSX.cfg file and add the filepath to where the models were located. I suspect this was because the AIG Manager as I mentioned was configured to use FSX not FSX:SE in order for the models to appear and therefor wouldnt update that config?

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (config file location)

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\AIG Aircraft

Note that I added the last (2), AI Aircraft (some orbx stuff) and AIG Aircraft (everything I am manually installing into here).

I still dont know why it was not working when I had those aircraft model files inside the "SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes" location.

Offline Booman443

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 03:39:30 PM »
agro146 and Booman443;  I did the tutorial, but didn't have FSX:SE installed.  I would like to run some tests, but can I ask you what you setup is in terms of FSX:SE?

Is FSX:SE the only version of FSX installed or are you running a dual installation with FSX:SE and FSX?   

In either case, what is the path and name for your FSX:SE executable?  I would guess that in a single installation the executable would be fsx.exe and a dual it would be fsxse.exe, but may be wrong.  As for the path; I'm not sure what it would be in a dual installation, but in a single I'm guessing 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X'.

I plan on installing FSX:SE on my laptop for testing, but it would be a virgin FSX:SE installation, so that might influence the outcome.

Thanks, Ernie

-I have only FSX:SE installed, last resort was going to install my boxed version.

-FSX.exe file location: D:\Main Programs\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Offline airernie

• Prop Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 01:38:18 PM »

-I have only FSX:SE installed, last resort was going to install my boxed version.

-FSX.exe file location: D:\Main Programs\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Thanks.  I installed it yesterday, but haven't had a chance to add AIG models for flight plans yet.

Seems a shame to have to switch to FSX boxed to use AIG, but I don't know what is going on in the code, so hopefully a response from the authors will be forthcoming shortly.

Offline ywg256

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 02:36:38 PM »
Good Morning Guys,

Have a question for you.  Been installing custom AI since the very beginnings of ProjectAI and have AIG AIM working just fine in P3D v5.  What I am after though are some custom AI that I had in my P3D v4 incarnation ranging from obscure to very obscure airlines that are not available in the OCI.  For example Bearskin Airlines, Calm Air, perimeter air; frankly a lot of small Canadian, African, and Caribbean carriers, most coming from this website/forum (thanks to those that created these files).  I tried my old method of having my custom AI in a separate folder with separate traffic files and P3D v5 was taking about 25 minutes minimum to load last night. The AI worked and all however I got rid of the folders because 25 minutes is too long.  Is there a way to manually install these airlines using AIG AIM into the AIG folder? 

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Offline sharklet_a319

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
  • AIM Developper
    • AI Manager Download
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 06:41:00 AM »
No there is not - the AIG folder is for OCI airlines only. So even if you install them manually with AIM, they can not be installed to the AIGAIM OCI addon directory.

Offline Denrom81

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 03:36:05 PM »
You have at least one traffic-BGL in FS9 format.You will only see FS9-Traffic files in the sim.Please check which file is in FS9 and recompile in FSX.
Help, how to fix it?

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 03:43:16 PM »
in the AI Manager there is a list of all your installed airlines. There is a column that sayd which type of file it is. Look at that column and check if you can find the FS9 file.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline MDPB

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2020, 12:31:19 AM »
Hi

Have been trying to manually install the Cathay Pacific zip file, no problems there but when I open the .bgl file in AIFP3 no aircraft models are available. Can anyone please point me to where I can get them from? Thanks.

Mike

Offline inidur

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »
Hi All

Kindly need your help again.
i tried to install "Flightplan installation" using AIGAIM. once the repaint window opened why i couldnt locate in "install to" box in my installation?

I think i missing something but i dont know what it is.
im using FSX:SE btw

Thanks

Offline rke

• Command Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 07:47:05 AM »
With the update to version 1.0, there's now an tab with the option to "Save to AIGFP". Am I right in assuming that I should only use one option, ie. either compile as BGL or save to AIGFP and then use AIGTC to inject the traffic? The reason I ask is that with compile to BGL, the flightplan window auto-closes afterwards giving the impression that the the installation is complete, but it doesn't when using Save to AIGFP  ::confused::

Or maybe that's just me overthinking things  ;)

Offline cassiomoufarrege

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
What i doing wrong ???
Pictures in attachment

Offline robbiehfs2011

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »
What i doing wrong ???
Pictures in attachment
I have the exact the same issue for FSX:SE.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Rob

Offline airernie

• Prop Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 07:07:03 PM »
AIM doesn't do hierarchical searches, so start by insuring that the SimObjects path in the FS Settings tab contains the folder where your AI aircraft are stored.