Author Topic: Microsoft announces next generation Flight Simulator at E3 today  (Read 4893 times)

Offline bradley27

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
Bradley | P3Dv4 | AIG Moderator & Flightplan Beta | FAIB Beta

Offline Axel H

• Senior Captain
Re: Microsoft announces next generation Flight Simulator at E3 today
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
Such development updates have never been the case before if I am right. Long time ago though, I remember we were just able to purchase the box when it came out on the market and after a while a patch was released, but no support guys available who were listening. It seems they completely changed their policy and now are more open to the public, to the community. That is a good start in my opinion. So: keep fingers crossed  ::party2::

::cheers::

Axel

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 09:02:57 PM »
Such development updates have never been the case before if I am right. Long time ago though, I remember we were just able to purchase the box when it came out on the market and after a while a patch was released, but no support guys available who were listening. It seems they completely changed their policy and now are more open to the public, to the community. That is a good start in my opinion. So: keep fingers crossed  ::party2::

Axel

thats normal these days to get people early on board. The good thing is they do not offer paied early access like many other developers, since money is already no problem for them ;D

Offline Axel H

• Senior Captain
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2019, 09:53:31 PM »

Axel

thats normal these days to get people early on board. The good thing is they do not offer paied early access like many other developers, since money is already no problem for them ;D

That's true  :)

Offline blazer1234

• Turbine Captain
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 06:12:29 PM by blazer1234 »

Offline regulate

• Command Captain
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »
Here's another one

https://youtu.be/Fj8h6yibHHc

The product looks amazing.  It has to be a subscription based service due to all the data being streamed to your computers to render the world.   I have not heard anything about ATC or AI traffic (our little world here).  I did not watch the videos yet in the post above mine, so I'm not sure any of that has been addressed yet. 
Brian Summers (KONT/ONT)
AIG Flightplans Beta Tester
Prepar3D 4.5

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
no subscription!!! Already said by MS. You can buy MSFS for a normal full price or you get it for free in the XBOX GamePass (make sure to have the pass for the PC)

Offline blazer1234

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »
3 ways of " loading scenery
- Full on the go
- Depending on download speed
- download specific area and cach that

No AI ( as mentioned ) but some ground movements, and very very basic ATC
MS is talking to major add-on developers, so I think the CEO's of AIG are already telling speaking with MS what to do ::evilgrin::

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2019, 06:55:31 PM »
MS is talking to major add-on developers, so I think the CEO's of AIG are already telling speaking with MS what to do ::evilgrin::

:rules: :rules: :rules: :rules:

actually no NDA so far... MS is only talking to the big players yet - at least it seems so... But there is something:  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline bradley27

• Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
I listened to Froogle dying to hear about AI and ATC...Bit disappointing on that front
Bradley | P3Dv4 | AIG Moderator & Flightplan Beta | FAIB Beta

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »
I listened to Froogle dying to hear about AI and ATC...Bit disappointing on that front

we have tgo wait for the first alpha, and maybe even longer then that

Online KampfHase

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Jetphotos
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
If they implement AI traffic, then probably the same way the do with the scenery. Streamed online. That would have one major cons - ground traffic at the airports.
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO | EIDW
Next projects: RCTP

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2019, 07:19:26 PM »
If they implement AI traffic, then probably the same way the do with the scenery. Streamed online. That would have one major cons - ground traffic at the airports.

why would it? And were did you get the info that all scens are streamd online? You can play the whole Sim offline!

Online KampfHase

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Jetphotos
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »

why would it? And were did you get the info that all scens are streamd online? You can play the whole Sim offline!

You can also download a cache version of the scenery and then play it offline, as said before. Now do that with traffic.

Ground traffic radar is bad all over the world. Some airports doesnt even have aircraft on ground visible. So - IF - they do it that way, it would be bad. Lets hope for a better solution.
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO | EIDW
Next projects: RCTP

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
i bet there will be no "live" traffic a la FR24 or FA.