Author Topic: Microsoft announces next generation Flight Simulator at E3 today  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
Re: Microsoft announces next generation Flight Simulator at E3 today
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 10:19:22 PM »
Oh my Gosh!!! It looks so real!  I can't wait to buy package Flight Simulation soon.  No more edit and create airports.  I don't know if new airports or build new terminal additional in the future in this scenery. I hope we can create my own scenery airport. Wait and see. 

Stuart

Offline FrancoisM

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 11:59:54 PM »
See reply #6 from Johan  8)

Found this explanation:

„Xbox is now what they call their gaming platform. ALL games made by Microsoft are called Xbox games now. Xbox games can be exclusive to PC, console or both. It’s their new branding, and it’s what we have all been told to adhere to in the gaming industry.“

As long as it's not subscription based where you are paying some type of monthly fee.   So many unknowns at this early stage.

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 12:04:48 AM »
I hope it turns out better than Microsoft Flight did.

Offline vadim

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 06:59:04 AM »
NASA tested? What are the system requirements?

Offline blazer1234

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »
Don't want to be negative on this one, but still have the "MS Flight" in mind , I think this will be an  arcade-level 'game' sim.
Hope I will be wrong but hope and Microsoft isnt a good combo.

We have to be patient and wait for the best of it.
If it turns out to be the next flightsim succesor in the FS95,FS98,FS2000,FS9,FSX row then count me in , and I skip Prepar3d.

Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best for us as real as it get simmers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://novawing24.com/2019/06/guess-who-is-back-in-the-flight-sim-business/
What we know so far:

Native 4K Resolution Support
    Full world available at launch (no more of the Flight issues of region by region sales)
    It is confirmed for PC Windows 10
    It includes satellite imagery as well as being powered by Azure Microsoft’s cloud based architecture
    The sim will feature a range of aircraft including wide bodies and light aircraft. Seen in the trailer were:
        Socata-Daher TBM900
        Boeing 737 (700 or 800 or 900 series)
        Airbus A320NEO
        Icon A5
        Piper PA28 (possibly from internal view)
        Diamond DA42 (or DA62)
        Carbon Cub (Tundra Tyres)
        Cessna Caravan 208
        Mudry CAP10

This is very much a developing story and looks amazing. But will it die like Flight? Or is Microsoft here for the long haul once again?

There is no price point as yet, however it is being marketed as part of their Xbox Game Pass subscription service giving access to over 100 games on demand.

More information is expected over the coming days as E3 kicks off in the US, and on the official product page http://www.xbox.com/flightsimulator
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:34:49 AM by blazer1234 »

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
And another thing we need to know is how it is for developers. If it's the same strict level that Flight (which I never owned at all), then it's going to "die" quite fast. A great and amazing game like FS can easily be gone if it's not possible to make changes or add stuff to it.

I think the reason why FS9/FSX/P3D have been active for so long is because of the additions developers can add. Imagine FS9, FSX or P3D without any add-ons? No matter how good looking it is from default, it would be hard to use it more than a few times before it was uninstalled again. Who would fly a default plane today (and I'm not thinking P3D here, because many of the default planes there are from addons developers like Lionheart, IRIS and so on). Would you fly the default A321 or 737-800 in FSX now? I'm pretty sure no one would, after having tried addons.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline juanvito

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
Looks very pretty, but I'd like to see some "gameplay"  ::thumbsup::

Offline Er!k

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 03:15:41 PM »
I feel some sort of subscription coming, if they are going to use Azure technology..

Offline Axel H

• Senior Captain
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 03:52:50 PM »
And another thing we need to know is how it is for developers. If it's the same strict level that Flight (which I never owned at all), then it's going to "die" quite fast. A great and amazing game like FS can easily be gone if it's not possible to make changes or add stuff to it.

I think the reason why FS9/FSX/P3D have been active for so long is because of the additions developers can add. Imagine FS9, FSX or P3D without any add-ons? No matter how good looking it is from default, it would be hard to use it more than a few times before it was uninstalled again. Who would fly a default plane today (and I'm not thinking P3D here, because many of the default planes there are from addons developers like Lionheart, IRIS and so on). Would you fly the default A321 or 737-800 in FSX now? I'm pretty sure no one would, after having tried addons.

That's a good point. As long as it continues the FS9/X/P3D series with latest technologies available reached out and same level of open SDKs or even more it will be a go for us. If same like Flight or similar attempts from other developers it will no successor. Let's cross fingers it continues :)

Cheers!

Axel

Offline Tirithon

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • MAIW Staff
    • Military AI Works
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »
And another thing we need to know is how it is for developers. If it's the same strict level that Flight (which I never owned at all), then it's going to "die" quite fast. A great and amazing game like FS can easily be gone if it's not possible to make changes or add stuff to it. I think the reason why FS9/FSX/P3D have been active for so long is because of the additions developers can add.
FS9 and FSX were both dead after a couple years from Microsoft's point of view. A product is dead when it doesn't generate revenue and the only way Microsoft got revenue with those versions was by selling copies. But once a copy is sold it's sold. No matter how many addons are developed or for how long, they're not adding one single dollar to Microsoft's coffers. It all goes to the addon developers.

So then with Flight, Microsoft thought it could control the addon market by coupling the product to their own addon store. This, obviously, didn't work out either. Which is why I think a subscription based system could only mean good things: as long as the product is alive, Microsoft keeps getting revenue which means support and updates and the only way to keep it alive is to allow and support 3rd party developers to keep creating addons for their product. Win-win.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:01:25 PM by Tirithon »

Offline KampfHase

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Jetphotos
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
And another thing we need to know is how it is for developers. If it's the same strict level that Flight (which I never owned at all), then it's going to "die" quite fast. A great and amazing game like FS can easily be gone if it's not possible to make changes or add stuff to it. I think the reason why FS9/FSX/P3D have been active for so long is because of the additions developers can add.
FS9 and FSX were both dead after a couple years from Microsoft's point of view. A product is dead when it doesn't generate revenue and the only way Microsoft got revenue with those versions was by selling copies. But once a copy is sold it's sold. No matter how many addons are developed or for how long, they're not adding one single dollar to Microsoft's coffers. It all goes to the addon developers.

So then with Flight, Microsoft thought it could control the addon market by coupling the product to their own addon store. This, obviously, didn't work out either. Which is why I think a subscription based system could only mean good things: as long as the product is alive, Microsoft keeps getting revenue which means support and updates and the only way to keep it alive is to allow and support 3rd party developers to keep creating addons for their product. Win-win.

.. IF they use the money from the subscription for the FS product line, only then it would be positive for us.
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO
Next projects: EIDW

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2019, 08:41:42 PM »

Agree that FS9 and FSX was dead, seen from MS, quite early. But they are still alive today, because of dedicated users and both have shown that they are very long lived. No one would expect a 16 year old sim to used still. But it's still used and that's quite impressive. Sometimes you would wish that FS9 would finally leave the stage as it can be tough to maintain so many different sims, but as long as it's alive like it is, we have to accept it.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline KampfHase

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Jetphotos
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2019, 09:24:38 PM »
Someone of us should knock on Microsoft's door and submit our claims and requests  :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:

As long it is still in development stage.
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO
Next projects: EIDW

Offline blazer1234

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2019, 09:53:14 PM »
As long it is still in development stage.

No Sp1 Yet?