Author Topic: Microsoft announces next generation Flight Simulator at E3 today  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: Microsoft announces next generation Flight Simulator at E3 today
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 04:17:21 AM »
Someone of us should knock on Microsoft's door and submit our claims and requests  :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:

As long it is still in development stage.

:stirpot: :stirpot:

AIG Software Developer

Offline zuki

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 07:04:37 AM »
if we cant migrate our AI traffic setups in it, i think its a no go for people in this forum  :D

Offline unc1rlm

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 10:02:08 AM »
I believe it when I see it and usually I don't believe it when I see it  ::party2:: ::party:: Another Microsoft con job.

BobM.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 10:27:22 AM »
if we cant migrate our AI traffic setups in it, i think its a no go for people in this forum  :D

BGLs almost impossbile, MDLs maybe

AIG Software Developer

Offline philbean

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 03:15:26 PM »
It looks awesome.

TOO awesome in fact.

Just doesn't add up to me. To be Xbox compatible and look that good.
Something fishy going on.

Offline regulate

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
Well, it's all speculation for the most part at this point, and PMDG put out a statement saying this same this morning on their forum.   Will they go to the PC game pass at $9.99 a month vs the ability to pay outright for one license?   Will the earth be some sort of streaming platform in real time, using Microsoft Earth View as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvsCuozjskM  (I think this is what they used for the detail of the topography and cities).   Will it be a controlled platform where developers will have to go through Microsoft to sell their products so MS gets a slice of every pie (if so, this could once again lead to it's downfall with simmers).   

The biggest thing that concerns me is that scenery, aircraft and add-on developers are not in on the product early on.  It's a complete blackout and caught them by surprise.  That tends to favor the fact they are not going to be allowed to develop add-ons without going through an MS marketplace, which will once again destroy the appetite for the product (no payware or freeware add-ons).  Hope I'm wrong, but early information and speculation is somewhat discouraging.  Well just have to wait and find out. 

Brian Summers (KONT/ONT)
AIG Flightplans Beta Tester
Prepar3D 4.5

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »
I have a strange feeling this will be another "Flight" and "Flight Sim World". One one is allowed into it, because the companies behind them wanted to some kind of regulate what was allowed on it and what was not allowed. And last but not least wanted to have money for it.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline jabloomf1230

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 04:52:01 PM »
I have a strange feeling this will be another "Flight" and "Flight Sim World". One one is allowed into it, because the companies behind them wanted to some kind of regulate what was allowed on it and what was not allowed. And last but not least wanted to have money for it.

I agree. But that would make it like almost every other recent high end video game. No game developer wants to give up the income from DLCs.

Offline regulate

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »
With the data required, it has to be some sort of streaming service in game/sim. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/microsoft-wants-to-bring-back-flight-simulator-to-show-it-supports-pc/
Brian Summers (KONT/ONT)
AIG Flightplans Beta Tester
Prepar3D 4.5

Offline pklitofsky

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 07:08:04 AM »
According to the announcment it is for X-Box and FS10.Monthly payment the rest we will have to hold our breath but it don't look to good.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:10:13 AM by pklitofsky »