Author Topic: Want to get Air Tahiti up and flying!  (Read 402 times)

Offline Dario

• Prop 1st Officer
    • Pattaya Pools
Want to get Air Tahiti up and flying!
« on: July 07, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »
I have been around in the Flight Simulator community since FS2002, but - shame on me -  I'm still not able to get some AI aircraft cruise the world. I have been away from the sims for some time, since I'm busy coaching tennis to my daughter, but I'm back again (coaching continues, though). FSX with Acceleration pack is re-installed and I have Flight-Sim-Jewel's beautiful French Polynesia scenery installed. I still don't have any ai traffic, but like to start with populating the skies above French Polynesia. AIR TAHITI is the airline I would like to install with the help of AFP3, because I think that is the best tool for me. Only, I don't get to grips with AIFP. AIG is the best place to talk about this. My question to my fellow members is: is there anyone out there who would give me a helping hand (via Skype maybe) I think a half an hour, or one hour session max would get me going. I have the flightplans, the repaints and the aircraft models already. THANK YOU in advance.
By the way, a photo-real Austral Islands scenery is in the making, those islands are also served by Air Tahiti.
My old friend (2010): Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | MoBo: Gigabyte X58AUD7 | CPU: Intel i7 950 3.06 @ 3.20 GHz | GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB | RAM: Kingston DDR3 Hyper X 2000 x 6 (12GB) | PSU:Antec 850 W TruePower Quattro | Storage: SSD Transcend 370S 512GB + Externals | Windows 10

Offline jhaley101

• Command Captain
Re: Want to get Air Tahiti up and flying!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
Admittedly, I don't know AFP3, AIFP is the way to go, IMO.     

A good tutorial of how to install AI:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOv1SV9loNI

I can't remember how I started learning myself, but I think it was just a review of the Ttools manual

http://www.stuff4fs.com/Applications/AIFP/TTools%20User%20Manual.htm

It's really quite addictive once you get the hang of it.     Be patient and read/listen through the links. If you're willing to spend the time, its a lot of fun.  Tahiti should be a great one to start with, its small and fairly straight forward.   If you're looking for someone to connect via skype or write a step by step process on how to do it, you'll have to find someone else to help.       Good luck!

Offline Dario

• Prop 1st Officer
    • Pattaya Pools
Re: Want to get Air Tahiti up and flying!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
Hi jhaley,

AFP3 is the latest version of AIFP, it is what you are using.
yes, we met yesterday on another forum. I looked at that tutorial and still, it seems pretty difficult for me. I know that you are busy at this time, but I'm confident that there is someone else who is able to help. I'm helping with photo-real scenery (busy with the Austral islands now), I also learned that via Skype.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:44:25 AM by Dario »
My old friend (2010): Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | MoBo: Gigabyte X58AUD7 | CPU: Intel i7 950 3.06 @ 3.20 GHz | GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB | RAM: Kingston DDR3 Hyper X 2000 x 6 (12GB) | PSU:Antec 850 W TruePower Quattro | Storage: SSD Transcend 370S 512GB + Externals | Windows 10