Author Topic: Parking position after landing  (Read 235 times)

Offline Kevito2796

• Prop 1st Officer
Parking position after landing
« on: July 12, 2019, 06:40:45 PM »
Hello.

It's just a  short question.
Is it possible to determine which gate the flight simulator assigns me after landing? I have already adjusted several gates on AFCAD and provided the appropriate name. Nevertheless, after landing I am accidentally put off somewhere but not where I am supposed to be..How can I fix this?

i'm using my good old fs9 flight simulator btw ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:46:25 PM by Kevito2796 »

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Parking position after landing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:09:10 PM »
Changing the AFCAD is not just enough. The radius for the plane is also important. So you need to look at the radius of the plane (can be done in AI Aircraft Editor and I think also the old AFCAD program). Then you can change the radius for your plane so it fits the gates you want to park at.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Kevito2796

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:48:02 PM »
Here is my situation.
Nice airport has a gate for all European traffic. Besides them there are a few places that I have assigned to other airlines via AFCAD. Usually the flight simulator should not send me there, because the positions are set for other airlines and the parking codes do not even match. For whatever reason the stand 20 (where the parking codes are not correct) is set for me although all other positions would be available.

Offline alpet

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • Russian AI Traffic System
    • Russian AI Traffic System
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
1) check radius of your aircraft vs parking radius
2) check atc_parking_codes=XXX in aircraft.cfg (XXX is your parking code)
3) check the parking code (should be equal in both aircraft.cfg and gate setting in afcad file)

Offline Toohigh

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 08:35:26 PM »
Where can i set the parking radius of my aircraft?

For example ifly 737-800 in FS9.

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 08:44:32 PM »
(can be done in AI Aircraft Editor and I think also the old AFCAD program).
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 10:49:59 PM »
I think you guys are confusing what he meant. He is flyable aircraft trying to arrive gate but some AI planes are already parked. 

I always do my pre-flight before start FS2004.

Do the afcad or ADE you choose to desire to arrive airport.  Open AFCAD/ADE  look for the gate you want to arrive gate to park it.  Click the parking spot and click radius change to smaller size 10 or 15.  AI planes will NEVER able to catch park gate because it's too small to fit. It's your spot!  LOL  Save it. When you are flying to arrive airport and happy to arrive at your own gate spot right there.  Happy Flying!  After your FS2004 exit to make sure get back normal radius size back. Save it.  Like what I do all the time routine my prepare flight.  It's EASY! 

Also, you want to real flight number and time of dep/arr like Delta #454 same cities.  You could hear ATC duplicate your flight airline/number same one.  It's unpleasant to hear duplicate traffic communications.   What should I do with?  Easy to do is:

Before you prepare the flight start FS2004.  You use TTools or AIFP etc..  Find search FP flight number F,0454, make sure you get the right day of the week.  look for that Tuesday F,0454,02/14:30 etc. It's what I want to use segment FP line Go back to AC#223, the start line.  Type "//"before AC#223,  example  "//AC#223,"   Then complied it.  The FP "//AC#223" will not be flying in your simulator at all.  ATC will not talk another duplicate of your choice own flying Delta #223 in your real flight. Happy Flying!  Remember, after your flight removes "//" compiled it's go back normal. 

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 12:02:03 AM »
Stuart, if using default ATC the UI plane still has to fit into the gate. Otherwise ATC will still throw the user out to remote parking.

No matter if it is a UI or AI plane, the size (radius) is still important. If the UI plane is too lage for the gate, we'll see, it will be sent to remote, just like a AI plane will be. So size and code (and parking type) matters no matter if it's AI or UI. Not a good idea if the UI plane is set to RAMP and with a radius of 22 meters, while the parking where the user wants to park is a GATE and has aradius is i.e. 20 meters.

So no. We didn't misunderstood him at all. Default ATC treats AI and UI planes the exact same way. And it doesn't matter if it FS9, FSX or P3D. Almost nothing have changed regarding the AI and ATC engine.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline sharklet_a319

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 05:16:36 AM »
Not entirely true, in terms of radius you are absolutely right. But the parking code is not respected with UI aircraft in FS9. (not sure about parking type)
It's one of the things that really annoyed me about FS9. That feature was added in FSX.

I can only recommend setting a good order for parking stands in the AFD files. So you at least end up in common place and not in a remote area.