Author Topic: AI following sloped runways in P3D  (Read 6831 times)

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: AI following sloped runways in P3D
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2020, 05:42:51 AM »
Yes. Sadly the only solution is to uninstall.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Mr_LoL

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2020, 04:26:54 PM »
I've uninstalled.
I really don't have the time to tweak the reference altitudes at all my add on airports.

I got this DLL with Latin VFR Fort Lauderdale.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »
and there we have the prove again, that many devs are not checking theier stuff on other airports... ::mad::

Online atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »
I've uninstalled.
I really don't have the time to tweak the reference altitudes at all my add on airports.

I got this DLL with Latin VFR Fort Lauderdale.

Same here. Frankly suggesting modifying the reference altitude at potentially hundreds of airports (that will have implications for many other things in sim as well) is an absurd idea.

The dll is a very interesting advancement, take nothing away from the developer for creating this tech, but it needs to be able to work everywhere without side effects before its ready to release on the wider world. Changing reference altitudes is not an acceptable solution.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2020, 06:27:31 PM »
at least one thing that the native v5 is better then other v4 addons ;D

Offline Ranmori Scythe

• Prop 1st Officer
    • Ranmori AI Works
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »
This addon also affects AI ships. Probably only FS9 style AI ships that use TTools.

AI ships around FT Kai-Tak will jump under the influence of waves. Furthermore, it rides on the land by climbing up the slope between the sea surface and the land.
I'm Japanese. I love the ' 90s retro.
The P3Dv4 conversion model of FSP YS-11 and FSP DC-10 is on my site.
" width="728" height="90" class="bbc_img

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 06:56:53 PM »
from what I know about the DLL, is that it is not using official interfaces, seems more like "hacking" the Sim on runtime ::confused:: at the result can be seen...

Offline fs1

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2020, 07:07:09 PM »
Guys, you are all enthusiasts such as myself. I coded this DLL in my free time, and offered for free. Obviously, this piece of code is working as a workaround, and it has to play well with the reference airport elevation which in some cases does not.

I honestly don't have the time, and willingness to test this DLL in every airport. That is why, devs like Ricardo from LatinVFR took the time to integrate it to his latest addon.

If you don't feel this DLL is useful, just uninstall it and move on to other more fun things.

@Mr_LoL as mentioned before, if you have any issues with the DLL from LatinVFR please refer to their forums.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:21:20 PM by fs1 »

Offline data63

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »
could you give a hint HOW the reference altitude has to be tweaked for your dll to work?

happy landings

jp

Offline Cassinho

• Prop Captain
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2020, 06:12:01 PM »
Guys, you are all enthusiasts such as myself. I coded this DLL in my free time, and offered for free. Obviously, this piece of code is working as a workaround, and it has to play well with the reference airport elevation which in some cases does not.

I honestly don't have the time, and willingness to test this DLL in every airport. That is why, devs like Ricardo from LatinVFR took the time to integrate it to his latest addon.

If you don't feel this DLL is useful, just uninstall it and move on to other more fun things.

@Mr_LoL as mentioned before, if you have any issues with the DLL from LatinVFR please refer to their forums.

Thanks

I appreciate what you did, with the exception of the planes that crashed before reaching Kai Tak, everything else works perfectly and I recommend it to everyone.

Thank you for your work

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2020, 06:47:05 PM »
Just curious @Cassinho...KaiTak..is this ai's on the checkerboard approach or what?

Thank you,
BobM.

Offline Cassinho

• Prop Captain
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:32 AM »
Just curious @Cassinho...KaiTak..is this ai's on the checkerboard approach or what?

Thank you,
BobM.

The traffic there simply falls before starting the turn to approach lane 13. Before the grid. But it doesn't happen with all planes.

FSPXAI and TFS A330, FAIB A320 landing normal

Online atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2020, 02:32:48 AM »
I created some curved approaches for SDU in Brazil and noticed that some aircraft could make the approach but the E190 and E195's constantly fell out of the sky into the water. At first I thought it was an FDE issue but now I suspect it was the dll.

To fs1, I think we all greatly appreciate the time and effort that has gone into the dll in an attempt to improve the simming experience. The achievements are wonderful. The problem is though that changing airport reference altitudes isn't a viable option really. I think we would all hope that you can continue to work on and refine things so that hopefully one day the dll will work at any airport - although it seems that P3DV5 might not need the dll anyway as it now has sloped technology in the base sim.
While I would love to keep it installed, currently it has too many side effects that overcome its usefulness, but I certainly hope that doesn't mean the end of development or hope that the issues can be overcome at some point.

Thank you for pushing the envelope forward.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline fs1

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2020, 12:12:03 AM »
P3Dv5 won’t be needing this. So it was a workaround.

I will be releasing changing active runways (both departures and arrivals) and active approaches, as parking indexes as well.

I am also looking to fix spacing but I can’t find a simple solution.

You would like to test, please PM me with email address.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:14:53 AM by fs1 »