Main Menu

Wing Flex

Started by gsand, July 14, 2019, 11:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsand

Good Morning,

Looks like a lot of models are wing flex now, would it be possible to give us the option for non-flex at install? Can't prove it but seems to me in a high AI environment having many flex models would impact performance.

Thanks for your consideration!
Gerald
Gerald   KMLB

Kaiii3

That will require a non wingflex model, as far as i know no developer has both options

johanfrc

It actually depends.

FAIB has their NWF models which means "no wing flex".

And then we have the TFS 777 which didn't had wingflex until recently.

The only modeller out there with no non-wingflex models is FSPainter.
Regards

Johan Clausen

gsand

Hi Kai,

FAIB does have both, al least all the ones I have downloaded for my non-AIM traffic:

Thanks Johan, didn't know about TFS.

Hope this helps.
Gerald
Gerald   KMLB

PretendPilot

I my opinion, wing flex on AI aircraft isn't the best idea, so an option to have it or not would be great.  Most of the time you see AI aircraft are when they are on the ground, where wing flex isn't even visible.  If you see AI planes in the air, if you are flying you really shouldn't be so close to them that you can see the wingflex anyway, so the only time you'd really appreciate the flex is if you are AI spotting.  The side effect to having the flex.. the messed up lighting.. is a pretty big price to pay for the few times you'd really see the wing flex.  My opinion, of course.. I'm sure others have their own.

I'm optimistic that FSReborn guys may have a way to fix some of the lighting issues out there, especially with FSP models.

johanfrc

That depends on what effect that has been built in the model. If it's default FS light effects, then it might be possible to fix. But on the FSP where it's a special light effect it's way harder and you are not the only one thinking that way. I've seen many people complaining about the lighting on the FSP model is not good.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Mr_LoL

FSP informed us on Facebook that he has gone back to effects on his latest PBR models.
It's a lot better.
Download the newest A330 from Simmarket and see for yourself.