Author Topic: Empty texture folders  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Elmeon

• Prop 1st Officer
Empty texture folders
« on: July 31, 2019, 10:08:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a few aircraft repaints using the OCI installer: the texture folder is created but there is no texture file inside, so the OCI fail to add the relevant fltsim part in the aircraft.cfg.
I've checked the temp repaint folder and the missing ones are sitting there, just not installed...is it possible to add them manually without broke anything in the way that OCI work?

I've had problem with these repaints until now:

A320 austrian airlines OC
B767 Atlas Air Cargo (Polar Air Cargo DHL Hybrid)
B737 ASL Airlines France (SF White Titles LHS AEI Sticker)
B737 ASL Airlines France (SF White Titles LHS No Eyebrows)

Thank you for your answers

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:23:04 PM by Elmeon »

Online russodell

• Command Captain
Re: Empty texture folders
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 02:01:29 AM »
You're not alone.  I've found them on occasion with seemingly no correlation as to which ones this happens to at all.  I usually run ACA2017 to check what seems to be missing where and manually download it myself if OCI missed it.  I just did a few two nights ago. 

Offline Elmeon

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 04:03:23 AM »
So it is fine to add manually what is missing?

Offline Enzzo

• Prop Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 03:16:01 AM »
I have several errors of this kind and I also want to know how to fix them.

I also want to know what to do with these errors?

Online Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 04:21:22 AM »
to fix the Fltsim Errors delete the fltsim Entry and the Airline (keep the other fltsims) and reinstall it.

For the missing Aircrafts, all tiltes with (NO PAINT) are indeed a valid entry there. For the others, remove the BGL, start AIM again and install the airline again. Both workarounds will only download the not installed repaint, this will speed up things

Offline rlipoff

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 11:54:15 PM »
Roughly half of the airlines I've installed (a few dozen at least) using OCI end up with the second error above (missing fltsim-titles). The second solution above works some of the time, but I've done it 3-4 times for some airlines and keep getting the same issue. These are not "NO PAINT" titles either.

I get some "file not found" and "internal server" errors while installing some airlines, but not enough to account for all the missing titles.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:31:32 AM by rlipoff »

Offline tfkdougal

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 12:04:48 AM »
This also happened to me with Austrian Airlines and Air Serbia

Offline Enzzo

• Prop Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 03:22:44 AM »
Some texture packs have been updated. Others have small mistakes. OCI flightplans contain old links and it cannot find textures. You need to wait for the schedule update.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:24:16 AM by Enzzo »

Offline tfkdougal

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 12:18:35 AM »
Is there a way to like add a link or do you just have to install the flightplan manually?

Offline rlipoff

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 01:02:46 AM »
Some texture packs have been updated. Others have small mistakes. OCI flightplans contain old links and it cannot find textures. You need to wait for the schedule update.

In that case, I hope future versions have a better (more automatic) way of repairing these broken links than the kludge described above.

Offline Enzzo

• Prop Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 04:01:40 AM »
Is there a way to like add a link or do you just have to install the flightplan manually?

I tried to replace the fixed AIG.xml for Alaska Airlines during the installation, but it did not work. The updated texture pack for the A320 Virgin itself downloaded, but the textures did not install. Maybe something is wrong in AIG.xml, or maybe you need to have a fixed file on the server itself.

Offline Enzzo

• Prop Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 04:06:05 AM »
In that case, I hope future versions have a better (more automatic) way of repairing these broken links than the kludge described above.

It is not possible to automate, but it is not a problem. If OSI gains enough popularity, but I have no doubt about it, updates of flight plans will come out more regularly and faster. Now, for now, this is only beta.

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 10:42:54 AM »
updates of flight plans will come out more regularly and faster.
Don't be so sure. Many airlines are only made  once a year because of the huge task it often is to make them. I.e. I've made Air New Zealand for years now and only in the Winter season (their Summer). For me it makes no sense to update them twice a year. ANZ is a big enough task for me to do once a year. And then imagine the big US airlines.. They are made once a year and that is more than fine. It takes weeks or maybe even months to make them. And I'm sure the flightplanners for them can spend his time better instead of spending the same amount of time twice a year.

Also remember we do this in our spare time between work, family, vacations and other RL stuff. If we were going to make even more plans we would likely have to make them payware to both get an income ourself and also to pay for the data we uses (which is not cheap at all!!!)
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Enzzo

• Prop Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 11:23:02 AM »
Of course, I am aware of the complexity of creating flight plans. I myself do this work and am very grateful to everyone who does this for the benefit of the community.
But this is not about creating a new plan, but about minor corrections in the aig.xml file. Such as updating links to textures, for example. Fortunately, obsolescence is not widespread and such bug fixes are required a little and rarely.
For example, for the ASA 2018 mentioned above, you need to change literally 2-3 characters in the file.

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »
And the program that we uses to create those files are not "just" changing 2-3 characters. I have tried to edit an aig.xml file manually and it was not a success! The flightplanner have to make a complete rebuild of the aig.xml file from scratch, and it can take anything from 5 minutes to 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the plan and the number of repaints needed. I can only imagine making Norwegian that way. It will take an hour making just the aig.xml file. And then if something is wrong, it's another hour.
Regards

Johan Clausen