Author Topic: Quality Wings 757 take off procedure.  (Read 209 times)

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
Quality Wings 757 take off procedure.
« on: September 01, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »
I'm a newbie to the 757, however, i am having a bit of bother getting the plane off the ground. I can start up the plane from cold and dark fine, however, when i taxi from the gate the ground power unit follows me away from the gate, i don't put my engines on till I am well clear or the gate, am i doing it wrong? Also, how can I get level flight in the QW 757? 

I have another question regarding take-off. I usually just go TOGA and get in the air that way, however, i am trying to be a bit more realistic as I know in real-life pilots very rarely use TOGA unless the plane is very heavy, how do you find out what percentage to set the throttles to? I use Simbrief for my flight-planning and that doesn't really tell me what flaps etc to use. I'm really at a loss at what the right procedures are.

When I am entering the departure runway into the FMC it says "Not in database" which i find strange, without the runway, how am i meant to program the flight correctly? I am usuing Aerosoft Kef as my tutoiral airport for FMC learning. It says Runway 2 ILS but according to the FMC there is no Runway 2.

One more thing. I am not getting any sound at all from ATC, it's as if it is muted. I have checked my sound settings in P3D but alas everything is fine. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:32:44 PM by Musician_89 »
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Quality Wings 757 take off procedure.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
To #3 question (the FMC) do you have updated the database? You can download NAVIGRAPH and buy 1 period. Then you should be ready.

#2. I usually set Flap 5 and then full throttle. That works fine and I get in the air.

#1. I flew on Icelandair 757 last year and as all other planes they don't start the engines until they have pushed back from the gate. So at least until then, it sounds like you are doing it right.

Remind. I haven't flown the 757 since it was released, so I'm a bit "out-of-touch" on it.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
Re: Quality Wings 757 take off procedure.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »
I am using Navigraph and have the latest NAV DATA which is showing as 1909 as the latest NAV data. I read on Avism regarding the "not in database" error that if I just enter the Airport ICAO code instead.

How do i program the arrival into the FMC?

Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.