Author Topic: AI 'bunching' at runway ends  (Read 423 times)

Offline romeocharlie

• Senior Captain
AI 'bunching' at runway ends
« on: September 13, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
I wonder if anyone can help with me a problem I'm seeing at some airports? Often one departing AI aircraft taxis onto the runway, then stops and doesn't take off. The following aircraft will then be cleared for departure and take off normally, leaving the "stuck" plane on the runway. I wonder if it's to do with where the runway starts are located on some of my afcads, or if it's to do with the width of the taxiway connecting to the runway?

Any help gratefully received.

Rob
Rob Corp | London, UK
Twitter @RobertCorp

Offline Mr_LoL

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: AI 'bunching' at runway ends
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:28:18 PM »
It happens because the brake pressure for ai aircraft is too low. They can't stop by the hold short marker at the start of the runway to get takeoff confirmation so simply go past it and line up and wait.
Solution is to use ADE to put a kink in the taxiway so they are forced to slow down or increase the toe brake scale in ai aircraft cfg to 0.25 or above.

Offline romeocharlie

• Senior Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »
That's a really helpful, thank you!
Rob Corp | London, UK
Twitter @RobertCorp

Offline Christopher Low

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 08:14:55 PM »
That's a strange one. I have never seen that happen with any AI plane in all the years that I have used them in FSX or P3D.

Offline KampfHase

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Jetphotos
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »
This only happens if you increase the AI taxi speed with third-party ai.dll addons.
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO | EIDW
Next projects: RCTP